Limnar lip review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTFJR13

Reaction score
Well let me start by saying I'm new to the group. I just bought a 07 FJr about 4 weeks ago.(let me also ad what an awesome machine this is) I have been researching for opinions on a couple issues I have with my bike and one is the wind noise with the windshield and turbulence in the high position. I didn't want a barn door for a windshield so I read some good reviews on the limnar lip and it sounded like it would fix the issue I had with the stock windshield. Well I just installed it tonight and test rode the bike and in the full down position it does quiet the noise level and there is no turbulence and the best part is now when I have the windshield in the full up position I'm in a quiet pocket of turbulence free air. I also wanted to find a cheap fix. Some of the aftermarket windshields are very expensive. So I would highly recommend this product if you want some wind in your face but want it to be smooth and don't want to spend a fortune this is a good product to try.

Eric

Well let me start by saying I'm new to the group. I just bought a 07 FJr about 4 weeks ago.(let me also ad what an awesome machine this is) I have been researching for opinions on a couple issues I have with my bike and one is the wind noise with the windshield and turbulence in the high position. I didn't want a barn door for a windshield so I read some good reviews on the limnar lip and it sounded like it would fix the issue I had with the stock windshield. Well I just installed it tonight and test rode the bike and in the full down position it does quiet the noise level and there is no turbulence and the best part is now when I have the windshield in the full up position I'm in a quiet pocket of turbulence free air. I also wanted to find a cheap fix. Some of the aftermarket windshields are very expensive. So I would highly recommend this product if you want some wind in your face but want it to be smooth and don't want to spend a fortune this is a good product to try.
Eric

hi eric, could you put up a few pics of what position you put on the laminar lip, i've recently purchased one and i am still thinking of a cee bailey screen as i don't find the laminae lip that great, but i may have just positioned it incorrectly,

cheers

'badge

Well I should also add I'm not a tall person. I'm 5'6" so I'm sure that makes a big difference. But I will take some pics tonight and try and post them

Eric