listening to the radio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop worrying ....they can't catch you anyway.  :D
You're quite right about that....The fuzz can't catch you and I've had policeman tell me they won't even chase a bike it he's running as they're impossible to catch.

Never had em catch me in a car, can't imagine them catching me on a FJR thats way faster than any car I've owned. And I've owned some fast one...real fast ones.

Why on earth would you ever pull over, is guess is the question?

When I was in my late teens I rode my Yamaha Maxim 550 with a bunch of Harley guys.One guy had no turn signals and we got stopped for speeding. The cop walked around that bike for 5 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong. He never did but he knew something was. A lot of times the cops just don't look for that stuff.
Nothing illegal about that. He just has to use hand signals instead.
Depends on the state I guess. The NY law says "Any 1985 or newer motorcycle must be equipped with directional or turn signals. Any motorcycle which was originally equipped with such signals, or to which such signals have been added, must have them inspected. Turn signals must show amber to the front and red or amber to the rear."

A buddy of mine had been working on a project bike.... some kind of mid 60s HOnda CB450. The bike did not originally come with turn signals, so he was exempt. But in the interest of safety, he wired up his own signals on the rear. When he went for an inspection, they would not pass his bike because he did not have 4 turn signals on the bike. "But I'm not required to have ANY turn signals so the rear ones are just gravy". The inspector would not pass him until he took out a wrench and removed the rear signals. :headbonk:

I have J&M speakers in my helmut and wear earplugs to cut down on wind noise there moulded by an audioligst at theM?C show last year. I can hear a conversation with them in with my helmut on or off.

rogerfjrfaster :D

Experimenting with many music/earphone/intercom combos over 25+ years of riding, about a year ago I finally came up with by far the best solution to date. Orange foam earplugs ($2 a dozen or so) and my MP3 player wired through my StarComm1 intercom. With the StarComm1 speakers mounted semi-permanent in my helmet (easy), this combo has allowed me to ride legal in Prunieville (SoCal), maximize quiteness and still clearly hear my music.
Another good thing about this set-up is it moves easily from bike to bike.
+1. Earplugs ALWAYS, Chatterbox on the helmet with their speakers mounted semi-permanently inside, MP3 or FM plugged in to the Chatterbox. Works great, good sound for the tunes, I can still hear, never get a second look from the po-po. Life is good.