Little of dis, little of dat -FJR meet up Sierra Nevada

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding Ride Report and Fun Pictures! Looks like a great time was had by all. Proof positive, NorCal and Nevada FJR group is definitely better looking than those ugly mutts from Southern California!

WTF is wrong with John? We may never know......
Whether rhetorical, philosophical or mental....we just don't have enough time to even consider all the options an answer would be. :dribble:
Ya, Ain't somethin' right about that guy.

Half a bubble off plumb.

Destination of the day Ferntucky... maybe you should have stopped by in the evening RJ, the King had an eminent guest visiting (no, not me).
Ya, went through Ferntucky -we covered a few of the same roads (walker canyon etc). I thought of stopping but was enjoying the ride too much and just pointed bike for high-speed run out to Pyramid Lake.
SAMMY -I just now connected the dots: Puppychow = Sammy

it would have been great to see you again ....be sure to give a yell next time you're up this way.

GREAT pics -you certainly put the day to good use.

Give a shout next time you're up this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few pics that ya'll may find interesting .. or not :rolleyes:

The parade out, insides full of caffeine laden latte's and mocha thingy's ..

043JPG.jpg

I like this one, something about downhill motion ..

055JPG.jpg

And the guys who takes all others photo's ... deserves at least one ?

061JPG.jpg

Looks cold ?? Betcha it is..

065JPG.jpg

Beautiful scenery ..............

073JPG.jpg

Ok, ok --- he deserves two ?? Yes ? Whatever his name is ......

113JPG.jpg

Dave (Mr Smooth) Highlander, and a new bud, Eric (Cordovarider). Dunno who gave who the flowers :huh:

117JPG.jpg

And saddling up after a great lunch --- more thanks to Rich for the days organizing

106JPG.jpg

108JPG.jpg

It WAS ... a great day for a ride, and we made it so Mr Spo .................

A fun read from all. I'm surprised RJ's old GENI didn't break down, but I'm glad he's safe.

I'll have to try to catch up with you guys some day, if I can on my slow GENII. At least it is the fastest blue color.

:p

Beautiful pictures.

Aside: How do folks get the maps to link onto ride reports?

SAMMY -I just now connected the dots: Puppychow = Sammyit would have been great to see you again ....be sure to give a yell next time you're up this way.

GREAT pics -you certainly put the day to good use.

Give a shout next time you're up this way.
Haha! I presumed you knew, I am sorry if I unintentionally kept you wondering who this puppychow character is who thinks he knows you!

I will definitely give you a heads up when I am headed there next, which I do every few weeks. Would be good to see you again.

Thanks everyone for the pics/reports, looks like I missed a good one. Getting Dave to come out and play again... what is his speaking riding fee these days? ;)

This sounds like it would be a good midweek ride to escape the heat this summer.

This sounds like it would be a good midweek ride to escape the heat this summer.
The back way up to Donner Lake is. I do it regularly, since it's one of the two fastest ways to elevation from here. BUT . . . riding around the Lake (Tahoe) in the summer with all the inattentive tourists clogging the roads may or may not be what you're looking for. Sorry we missed you.

The back way up to Donner Lake is. I do it regularly, since it's one of the two fastest ways to elevation from here. BUT . . . riding around the Lake (Tahoe) in the summer with all the inattentive tourists clogging the roads may or may not be what you're looking for. Sorry we missed you.
Did tracing the route on your GPS work? I was fiddling with google maps trying to figure out the full route, but I haven't been able to. I want to do a run out to Donner Overlook soon.

Did tracing the route on your GPS work?
I assume so, but haven't uploaded it from my GPS to the computer yet. I turned the tracking off upon arriving back in Auburn, and the GPS is still on the bike. I need to make a decision today about a 3 day ride I was invited on, so maybe I'll get off my butt, bring it in and upload the track while attending to the required bike maintenance.

Kickass pic of me Mike! What filter is that?

I knew RJ was a pretty forward guy, but that is just over the top! Playing doctor in public... tsk tsk John.

The JD on the other hand is just par for the course. :drinks: