Local dealer says his regional rep for yamaha showed him FJR1400 pics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased the FJR over other motorcycles because it had most of the features that met my criteria. I have added creature comforts like custom seat, Helibars, windshield and some other creature comfort after market accessories. I certainly did spend a huge amount of money in adding these items. I do not fault Yamaha for not adding these accessories to my FJR because I know they or any other manufacturer can not build a motorcycle that is going to be a perfect fit for everyone.

I don't care if it "only" has a 1300cc motor, or a five speed transmission or does not provide me with windshield nirvana.

What it does have is more horse power, torque and handling abilities that the vast majority of riders will never come close to using.

I have owned more than a few motorcycles over the past 50 years of riding and so far I have not found that perfect one yet.

I just don't get what all the complaining is about.

It may be that some people complain about this or that to justify spending money on farkles, some that are needed, some that are not, just wanted.

So when a new year model of a "perfect" motorcycle is introduced by any manufacturer, please let me know.

And Oh Yeah...I want to buy it cheap.

and it will be a done deal. No reason not to believe my dealer. Known him for years and is a straight shooter.

So.... if this all wrong...we'll know:

1) your straight shootin' dealer might be less of a straight shooter than you've thought ALL these years, OR

2) you be lyin' straight up to us and sullying your dealer's name in the process.

I'll be waiting for the press release. ;)

I just hope the new and improved FJR is leanier!
You forgot to include my required footnote gratuity when using that word! :D

I have to say, that while we'd like to see the FJR get new stuff and be better to keep up with the competition, I'm one of those folks who'd like to see the less is erm...less approach. IE, I don't need all those trinkets that the various manufacturers are adding these days and I certainly don't need the added expense. Give us a good solid motorcycle at a good solid competitive price. Therefore, less trinkets is less price.

Oooooh, the headlight turns when you turn....how cool! Erm, but not for what BMW is charging!

It would have to be one hell of an improvement before I would ever cough up big $$ to buy up. And I don't see that happening. Cruise control and cancelling signals are nice. But my $20 gocruise and left thumb work just fine now. I will spend the $$ on travel and good beer.

I have to say, that while we'd like to see the FJR get new stuff and be better to keep up with the competition, I'm one of those folks who'd like to see the less is erm...less approach...
This.

I'd like a spunky FZ1ish with a shaft drive for touring.

No oiler for me.

Then again, maybe I could be convinced on the oiler.

...and maybe some of those big@ss pontoon sized GIVI bags like Alex/Cougar has. :lol: .

it's all about the ass for you, ain't it toots?

for me? it's the shaft, just sayin'

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope that they had the foresight to do something with the ridiculously heavy throttle return spring on the new one! Maybe add a cruise control and self-cancelling turn signals.......That would fix the only things on this bike that bug me.
Great minds think alike! :clapping:

it's all about the ass for you, ain't it toots?

for me? it's the shaft, just sayin'

:p

...too many quips available....and just too d@mn easy.

53663.gif

and it will be a done deal. No reason not to believe my dealer. Known him for years and is a straight shooter.
Unless your dealer saw his regional open up Motorcyclist magazine and this is the 14th repeat or septuplicate of the threads here. Unless you post up pics here or first-hand information that it's a Yamaha generated picture...no reason to believe it isn't a repeat. At least keep it in the recent thread please! And others piling on before the close.....give it a rest. Thanks. - The Management

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.