Locator Beacon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one for hunting or fishing in the Great White North!

P.S.

If you are going to make the plunge and buy one, make sure you opt for the GPS enabled models. They will be able to find you much quicker. :D

Probably, and hopefully, ......... before you completely pass through a bears digestive tract! :dribble:

Yeah, I recently bought one for this season's long distance riding. I was told it might come in handy...if wiped out in the middle of nowhere. I plan to fabricate a case for it that attaches to my roadcrafter so if I'm thrown from the bike I won't have to go searching for it. It will be within reach even if I can't walk.

I never like to think about that kind of stuff, but I figure if I take the precautions it's less likely to happen!

If someone's not sure what we're talking about, check out this link:

https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Person...on-p-17539.html

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty nice - you can't put a price on how that could save your rear end. I've been in the middle of the coast range in Oregon with a buddy who went down and sustained a tib/fib fracture. He was going in/out of concious from shock and I couldn't leave him. Waiting for EMS is the worst part. 30 minutes seemed like 3 hours - and they knew where we were at!

Unfortunately, the first $700 after I get my bike in April is going to the RoadCrafter. This looks like a wise investment for the second $700 I scrounge up. Thanks for the link.