Locks and Alarms

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueman

blueman
Reaction score
Planning on taking a trip soon which could expose my bike to the General Public. Normally when I go riding I park my bike close to eye view. Call it crazey but when I was 13 years old thats 32 years ago I had my yamaha 125 ripped off out of my car port. I would still like to meet the A hole that did it, it scared me for life. When my wife and I go for rides if I park the FJR and its out of my sight my wife says I am not the same. In the back of my mind I am thinking is someone maybe dicking with my ride. Steering lock yah but I want something like an Alarm System that sets off a Force Field or something! I want to be able to walk away from my bike knowing if some sub-human gets near it he will pay. Any thoughts.

Planning on taking a trip soon which could expose my bike to the General Public. Normally when I go riding I park my bike close to eye view. Call it crazey but when I was 13 years old thats 32 years ago I had my yamaha 125 ripped off out  of my  car port. I would still like to meet the A hole that did it, it scared me for life. When my wife and I go for rides if I park the FJR and its out of my sight my wife  says I am not the same. In the back of my mind I am thinking is someone maybe dicking with my ride.  Steering lock yah but I want something like an Alarm System that sets off  a Force Field or something! I want to be able to walk away from my bike knowing if some sub-human gets near it he will pay. Any thoughts.
You need THIS!

Order the small size...good for top or side bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy the Scorpio for $300. It's an easy install and it has an alarm, disable, and remote alarm and vibrate mode. Had my 50cc scooter stolen in the first month I had it 1 year ago. Found it with the lock punched out. The factory imobiliser worked I guess. Purchased the Scorpio and have caught several a holes sitting on it. The latest was, the alarm went off with it parked in front of my office, ran out and found some derelict walking quickly away from my scooter, chased him, he got hit (unfortunately very lightly) by a car while fleeing. Ran off. Made my day.

The Scorpio has a somewhat limited transmitting range for the remote. The Scorpio people are great to work with. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.

I do not sell these by the way.

Wow, I thought I was anal.

I have the Scorpio. It ROCKS. You can accessorize as BM said above. I have the immobilizer and am going to add the perimeter sensor.

In addition, I have a Xena disc/alarm lock. It screeches when it is moved or messed with. I double 'em up when I want much protection. Add a cable or chain and you are stylin'!!

-BD

Just installed a Talon T-2200,

see Talon Alarm Review

Ok it doesn't have the fancy two way pager but otherwise matches the Scorpio Features

Unit is extremely well made, Install very easy.

Why the Talon $109 US \ $139 CDN, Scorpio ~$330 US

I'm currently doing a write up on the install should be posted by the weekend.

Chris

I have the Scorpio 2-way, top of the line with all of the trimmings and every accessory that attaches to it. And just to be safe I also have the Xena disc/alarm lock, best model that's available too. I learned my lesson after I had a KX250 stolen from me the day after I bought it. No insurance and practically brand new. They cut through two cable locking systems and a special alloy chain and lock assembly. I will never underestimate a thief again! The peace of mind alone is worth the price to me. Just this past summer a co-worker bought his first brand new bike, a Harley. For lunch on the way home, he stopped at his local restaurant, only to come out and find his bike already missing! He suspected an inside job at the dealership but I never heard much more, except that he ordered another one of a different model to replace it. I think he had the factory alarm system on the Harley. I live between Gary, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois where auto and bike theft are rampant. :eh:

Just installed a Talon T-2200, see Talon Alarm Review

Ok it doesn't have the fancy two way pager but otherwise matches the Scorpio Features

Unit is extremely well made, Install very easy.

Why the Talon $109 US \ $139 CDN, Scorpio ~$330 US

I'm currently doing a write up on the install should be posted by the weekend.

Chris
Looking to see your write up.