Look What Followed Me Home Today....... Weeeeeeeeee!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've often said if only 1 bike in the stable..

my dear Wabs, an 07 DL650.

She's not as pretty as yours, but road tested and ready to rawk at any moment.

Dirt cheap to keep, insure, and ride.

Total winner!

I've often said if only 1 bike in the stable.. my dear Wabs, an 07 DL650.

Total winner!
Have you treated Wabs to a slightly used new shock yet?

I've often said if only 1 bike in the stable..

my dear Wabs, an 07 DL650.

Total winner!
Have you treated Wabs to a slightly used new shock yet?
No, not yet! Now that KrZy8 is in active rotation, the shock swap is top priority.

Back to topic - You will love the little WeeStrom. She is sooo good at sooo many things.

..and, you got the best color ever!

Well, feeling a little sheepish that I'm getting too much attention.... for my last hurrah (this is an FJR forum after all....), I must say thank you to all for the positive comments. This thing is unbelievably clean, not a speck of dust, not even on the INSIDE of the bash plate. Looks factory clean. She's gonna get a blankie and a pillow and a bedtime story for the winter, and one day I'll have a Wee checklist and a couple of minor farkles. In the spring I'll start putting some road grime on it. I dug out the owner's manual, and saw some handwriting in the maintenance section..... would appear I'm the third owner, the first two kept it for a year each and put 10,000 kms (6k miles) on it each. Hey, I did the same with my '06.....

Just to single a couple of you out.......

garyahouse - This is supposed to be the Great White North, but I'm in an area that doesn't get much white stuff. That wee dust was nothing, they have 2 feet of it west and north of here. I think of Bungie often or somebody from Manitoba or Edmonton if I get in the dumps about winter, which may be a fleeting moment or two in January..........

Redfish - C'mon up for a while, I'll show you how to embrace the 4 seasons we have. Hear ya on the Dodge, but the '13/'14's are game changers. Ramboxes, everybody should have them, they only come on a RAM. The Hemi 8-speed is wonderful and the fuel mileage much better. The Sport doesn't have all the gaudy chrome. I always disliked GM's..... that said, it would be my second choice. Fords are OK, the import trucks aren't my cup of tea.

Fred - The Madstad and a dash shelf are in my hands..... Woulda like slimmer boxes, but what's an inch or two...... the tahrs look good, you'll have to tell me where to get them.... but there's not a lot of trail riding here, gravel roads are decent, so prolly 95% will be pavement.... PR3's would be OK. Now if I was in Quebec or your way, different animal. But, gotta wear these ones out first (looks like a replacement set) and see where we go.

MEM - Sorry, no NB. It was pure FEAR......... that I wouldn't have made it past Freddy Beach, Hubba Hubba. But talk me into a trip to Cape Breton or Gaspe to see what it's like in winter, we'll put Schitzengoober in the back seat and go! Hubba Hubba. Hugs are in the Ramboxes.

Tyler & Carver - I liked the red '06, the '07 burgundy was my fave, the '12 burnt orange wasn't bad, and the new '14 red is pretty awesome. Most of my real choices were black or flat graphite... I really like this orange. Will have to save the red for the '14 FJR (am I serious???)..... or custom paint that Spyder project machine I'm kinda laying low and keeping an eye out for.......

Anyway thanks again to all. Happy hibernating or riding or whatever you do this time of year.

Just for the record, we don't really get that much snow. Right now we've got about 2" on the ground. Not like being the snow belt on the lee of the Georgian Bay/Huron. Those poor bastards get smacked hard!

No, here, it's just colder than a witches teat. -20C with out the windchill, and it's not even Dec yet :(

garyahouse - This is supposed to be the Great White North, but I'm in an area that doesn't get much white stuff. That wee dust was nothing, they have 2 feet of it west and north of here. I think of Bungie often or somebody from Manitoba or Edmonton if I get in the dumps about winter, which may be a fleeting moment or two in January..........

Is that the same orange is the Busa from about 3ish years ago? I saw one of those not too long ago, and sweet mother of pearl, that baby is GEORGEOUS!