Looking for a new ride.. What do you think??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Smitty NEEDS...is quite obvious.

YOU NEED A BETTER JOB!

That way, you could afford the 112 different kinds of bikes that it would take to satisfy this two-wheeled need of yours.

Two words. BUTT UGLY But that's just my view. I will same that after seeing one in person the pictures do not do them justice. What ever "floats your boat" I guess.

Tom

This has to be a cry for HELP!

We got to get Smitty some therapy.

Anyone close by that can lend him an FJR for a week! :lol:

and by the way, have you ever noticed that it looks like Bozo the Clown from the front?
Yes! The first time I saw a front view of this bike I thought "It looks like a giant clown swallowing a tire."

Glad I'm not the only one. :lol:

I saw one of these for the first time on Sunday. Black. Not my cup of tea, but the thing sure drew a crowd.

I was talking to some guy and said "Looks like batman had two bikes now, this, and the BKing".

Turns out it was the owner BAHAHAHA!

Two words. BUTT UGLY But that's just my view. I will same that after seeing one in person the pictures do not do them justice. What ever "floats your boat" I guess.
Tom

+1 on that.....it's the ugliest thing i've ever seen!!!!

LOL

BOZOVISON.jpg

One of my best friends has one. The looks are growing on me some......but !!

It does ride and handle well though. Unless I'm really pushing it in the mountains he can stay right with me (it has great lean angle because of the way the floorboards are mounted. Plus you can just drop it and the front/rear tip over bars catch it..

Gary

With A handle like toecutter have I got the bike for U.

DSC01339.jpg

1975 Z1 900B , rassk rear sets, solid state ing. 29 MM smoothbores ect...... and yes It is A Z1B.

My buddy works for Polaris, so I have been riding various Victorys for the 10 years they have been out. IMO, they took a step back with this one. Last month, we went on a 5 day, 1450 mile trip from the Twin Cities through Northern 'sconnie and Michigan's UP. The closest analogy I can think of riding the Vision, while my Feejer sat in the garage in Texas, is sleeping with a crack whore while on a business trip, while your supermodel wife is at home, waiting for your return. Heavy, too long, very light in the front end when encountering wind, and by the way, have you ever noticed that it looks like Bozo the Clown from the front?
08_Vision_Tour_a4.jpg

My iPod never worked, (magnetic resonance issue), his bike died a few times on the last day, while running down the road at speed, etc... And "its almost as fast as my '05"? I guess the best thing I can recommend there is to get your '05 in the shop, as something is very, very wrong....

Of course, YMMV. :blink:

jmdaniel:

Perfect!

I have just gotta say this post has my gut aching from laughing! Still can't stop! :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping:

Bozo the Clown! PERFECT! Never noticed that before, but it sure does! :yahoo:

Oh... and "Almost as fast as my '05" :blink: :glare: Well, I have a bone stock '05 and I'd be happy to spot this

VISION (poor?....need glasses?) say 25 bike lengths as per the "PINKS" method...ya know, lose the race, lose yer ride...

:ph34r: :clapping:

JC
The only trouble with THAT bet is that you lose EITHER way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Plus you can just drop it and the front/rear tip over bars catch it..
Cool! No sidestand needed!
But don't ever drag your feet while taking off. If they catch on uneven pavement, a rock, anything that keeps them from sliding, those rear pieces of fixed metal, (they're not "bars"), will break your legs. :angry2:

With A handle like toecutter have I got the bike for U.
1975 Z1 900B , rassk rear sets, solid state ing. 29 MM smoothbores ect...... and yes It is A Z1B.
Ah yes, takes me back...

toecutter4.jpg
toecutter5.jpg

Two friends of mine, both brothers, had one of those at some point. The eldest had a very clean one, with a 1015 kit in it, along with the requisite un-baffled Kirker. That thing was fierce! One morning, I arrived for our daily bike pool to work, and noticed it wasn't out front, which was common, as he usually parked inside. When he opened the door and I saw it wasn't in his apartment..."Dude, where's your bike?" Needless to say, it was a very bad day for him. Never saw it again.

His younger brother sold his (74 Z1) a few months ago, lacking the motivation to restore it. Hopefully, it will be brought back to its original glory by the new owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, I think most of you know I was pulling you leg here. I did like the side by side clown combo, that was funny. A guy from KC area picks the wing up on Saturday. Still sitting on the fence what to buy. Most likely be the BMW 1200 GSA, but I may consider the regular GS model. I am hoping to find a VERY clean used bike, if not a new one will be in order. I hear the final drive issue has been solved.. :dribble: I guess I will take the chance.. Thanks for the humor...

Since the FJR left the garage I sometime feel lost without a forum home. But this is a great house to hang out in, regardless of the bike brand.... Heres a pic I posted before of the new scoot.

Thanks for the good times, Smitty

picture_068_2.jpg

Tom

You are right in person they are even more ugly.

I don't understand why you guys don't like it. It has a "6 speed transmission" which everyone complains about as lacking on the FJR's.

Also, if I remember correctly, one was in last years Iron Butt Rally. Don't remember if it finished or not.

Chester