Looking for a picture or pattern of a heat blanket for the Gen 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blind Squirrel

Reaction score
I have searched using the forum search and Google and can not come up with a picture or a pattern for an under tank heat blanket. Does anyone have (or be willing to take) a picture of a heat blanket?

-OR-

Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the bubble heat wrap at the local ace hardware store. They sell it by the foot (cheap). Just bought about 3 feet & cut to size fer under the tank (ya gotta cust some slits fer some wiring) Used some to line the plastic tank panels too as they got really hot after ya do this, and fer good measure put a piece under my seat

There is a clicky

I did not use this, but it is out there.

I bought some ezcool insulation and cut it to fit. Thought I would have other applications for it, but haven't used the big roll just yet.

I link not work, just google...fjr1300 heat fix kit...it's on ebay now too.

There is a clicky
I did not use this, but it is out there.

I bought some ezcool insulation and cut it to fit. Thought I would have other applications for it, but haven't used the big roll just yet.

I link not work, just google...fjr1300 heat fix kit...it's on ebay now too.
I looked up ezcool. Looks like good stuff! Would you be willing to part with some of it? If so, what would you want for some of it?

I'd still like to see a pattern.

I've considered getting one of those fleaBay under tank insulation dealios, but $36 for a $3 piece of insulation goes against my Yankee frugality. Yeah, I know I could just wing it, but it looks like a pretty simple pattern to duplicate.

Would also be interested in sources for the EZCool stuff

I'd still like to see a pattern.
I've considered getting one of those fleaBay under tank insulation dealios, but $36 for a $3 piece of insulation goes against my Yankee frugality. Yeah, I know I could just wing it, but it looks like a pretty simple pattern to duplicate.

I'll attempt to take a picture and make a pattern of mine ....or at least throw some dimensions. I don't know the origin of mine, can't vouch that it is the best, but my *guess* is that it is typical. perhaps even the ebay one you reference?

Stay tuned

EZ Cool

Thanks Howie, but I'm not in the intrarwebs search welfare program. :blink: Found them already (note the .ca in the link). I was hoping for more like a local source (I know, I should have specified). Do any of the big box auto parts joints carry stuff like this?

PS thanks RJ that would be awesome. Just a picture with a scale would do me wonders.

$36.00? Shit I have access to several hundred feet of that stuff. We quit building I/O Boats and it just eating up shelf space.

I bet I could get it for half that price.

:jester: