Looking for Aftermarket Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprtdiver

Reaction score
The grips are a little small for my hands and looking for something that is a little bigger. Anyone have any aftermarket grips that are a little larger? I googled it and really had no results.

Thanks ...

Steve

The grips are a little small for my hands and looking for something that is a little bigger. Anyone have any aftermarket grips that are a little larger? I googled it and really had no results.
Thanks ...

Steve
I had the same problem because my hands are large. I think part of my right hand cramping was due to the small diameter grip. I have exactly the same problem with a tennis racket and used to have wrist and elbow problems until I increased the grip size. Then I got to thinking (dangerous ;) ), why wouldn't a tennis racket foam grip work on the bike? They are water resistant (play tennis in 95 deg heat and see how wet the grip gets) and the wetter they get, the tackier the grip gets.

Well, I installed 2 Gama padded gel grips on the bike and what a difference! The diameter is now perfect, the foam and gel dampen the vibs and the grips are now tacky which allows you to relax your right hand and still maintain speed. With or without gloves, I can open my hand and rest my fingers on the brake lever without loosing throttle and this is without unwrapping the throttle spring. Got these at Sports Authority for $7 each. Haven't ridden in the rain yet so I'll let you know how that works out.

OK, now back to the shop. Just finished buttoning up after a TBS (Carbtune is perfect!) and low and behold, there's Fedex with my Cee Bailey's +4+2 with flip :yahoo: .

Later,

SCRider

Pic of Gama tennis grip

DSCN0840.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Grip puppies were a bit too big for me.

Tried them, but took them off after a few days.

Then I tried the BMW sport touring grips - exactly what I was looking for.

A little bit larger than the stock yammie grips, much softer, easy install.

Will the puppies install with the sightly bigger throttlemiester on the ends? aka will I be able to get them over/past theTM? Anyone??

Thanks ...

Steve

Well, by golly then, it sounds like we should ALL get us summa them grip puppies.

There is one more that uses the same material as the grip puppies.

I'm not sure of the exact spelling but it is something like Emigo and the price is in the 7 to 10 range.

The main difference is that they are sculptured like a coke bottle,

Thicker on both ends about a half inch wide each and think in the middle about 2 inches wide or so. three high places and to thinner places.