Looking for FJR owners in my neck of the woods to ride with

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDogRaven

Reaction score
Im new here and a new FJR owner in central CA. I just got a real clean '04 and I am looking to meet and ride with local FJR owners. Not sure if this is where to do this, but seems like the best place. If anyone is near me and would like to meet up, just PM me, or whatever is the best way to communicate. I am lovin this bike and would like to meet local like minded riders. Hit me up and lets RIDE.

On another note, where is best place in this area to have my FJR serviced? There is a Yamaha dealer here in Tracy, but would like to hear from others on this important topic.

Thanks

Jeff

Im new here and a new FJR owner in central CA. I just got a real clean '04 and I am looking to meet and ride with local FJR owners. Not sure if this is where to do this, but seems like the best place. If anyone is near me and would like to meet up, just PM me, or whatever is the best way to communicate. I am lovin this bike and would like to meet local like minded riders. Hit me up and lets RIDE.On another note, where is best place in this area to have my FJR serviced? There is a Yamaha dealer here in Tracy, but would like to hear from others on this important topic.

Thanks

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I'm in Brentwood just North of you a ways. I try and do most of my own service, its simple. The closest Yamaha dealers I have come up with is in Livermore, Stockton or Mantica. Never found one in Tracy, where's it at?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a pretty large group of forum guys up this way and we do group rides fairly often. In winter we keep out of the foothills and mountains more, which leaves the valley and the coast. When they had the Amgen bicycle tour of California recently I was looking at their route for the second or third day. They passed through Livermore, then headed south on Mines Road. They crossed under I-5 and came out somewhere around Patterson. I filed that route for cool weather reference; it looks pretty scenic and I expect to try it in a couple months or so. That's one idea. Or just ride up and do some Sierra riding with us. Look for posts in this "California Ride Planning" area. For service we all swear by Roseville Yamaha, by the way. Kind of far for you, but not out of reach. You'd just need to hang around while they do the work, I guess.

Ditto on Roseville Yamaha. Their service manager Zac knows his shit and is an FJR pilot himself.

As for rides - pay attention to the ride planning section like Mike said. Things come up here and there.

Also, for general solo routing info, go over to Pashnit.com, and pay the $20 donation. You will have access to tons of routes and DETAILED reports on those routes. It's very much worth the $20, even if you only subscribe 1 time for 1 year. You will find all kinds of good info.

Lastly, don't be surprised if the start point for many of the area rides is 100+ miles from home. That is par for the course here - this bike is born for eating miles and the folks here are crazy. In a good way. Just last Friday I was invited on a Saturday ride - which was about a 600 mile DAY trip.

So, in sum, welcome to the asylum. Don't mind the padded walls, they are there for your own protection. :tease:

Im new here and a new FJR owner in central CA. I just got a real clean '04 and I am looking to meet and ride with local FJR owners. Not sure if this is where to do this, but seems like the best place. If anyone is near me and would like to meet up, just PM me, or whatever is the best way to communicate. I am lovin this bike and would like to meet local like minded riders. Hit me up and lets RIDE.On another note, where is best place in this area to have my FJR serviced? There is a Yamaha dealer here in Tracy, but would like to hear from others on this important topic.

Thanks

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I'm in Brentwood just North of you a ways. I try and do most of my own service, its simple. The closest Yamaha dealers I have come up with is in Livermore, Stockton or Mantica. Never found one in Tracy, where's it at?

There's a pretty large group of forum guys up this way and we do group rides fairly often. In winter we keep out of the foothills and mountains more, which leaves the valley and the coast. When they had the Amgen bicycle tour of California recently I was looking at their route for the second or third day. They passed through Livermore, then headed south on Mines Road. They crossed under I-5 and came out somewhere around Patterson. I filed that route for cool weather reference; it looks pretty scenic and I expect to try it in a couple months or so. That's one idea. Or just ride up and do some Sierra riding with us. Look for posts in this "California Ride Planning" area. For service we all swear by Roseville Yamaha, by the way. Kind of far for you, but not out of reach. You'd just need to hang around while they do the work, I guess.

Ditto on Roseville Yamaha. Their service manager Zac knows his shit and is an FJR pilot himself.

As for rides - pay attention to the ride planning section like Mike said. Things come up here and there.

Also, for general solo routing info, go over to Pashnit.com, and pay the $20 donation. You will have access to tons of routes and DETAILED reports on those routes. It's very much worth the $20, even if you only subscribe 1 time for 1 year. You will find all kinds of good info.

Lastly, don't be surprised if the start point for many of the area rides is 100+ miles from home. That is par for the course here - this bike is born for eating miles and the folks here are crazy. In a good way. Just last Friday I was invited on a Saturday ride - which was about a 600 mile DAY trip.

So, in sum, welcome to the asylum. Don't mind the padded walls, they are there for your own protection. :tease:

This is great, thanks guys. Brentwood, is very close. We should try and ride, I will keep looking here for posted rides. I am more then willing to ride 100 miles to the start of a days ride. Sounds like fun. I am actually interested in trying some rally long rides. I am so incredibly addicted to this bike! I am truly in love with this bike. It's fun fun fun!!!

Thanks for all the help, I will be hanging out here often. Looking forward to more info I can absorb from this site.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Anytime coming up north.. or going south... east or west... I am up for it. Working out details for a 1500 if your game.. PM me

:yahoo: Wlecome to the forum. :yahoo:

There are no known riders close to your area.

Except Sacramento Mike....and I'd be careful of him! :rolleyes:

There are some in the "bay area" (Walnut Creek, San Jose, Santa Cruz), LaGrange, Sonora, Sacramento, Dixon, Elk Grove, Roseville, Auburn, Placerville, Rancho Cordova, Marysville, Grass Valley, Santa Rosa, Napa, etc., etc.

Many of us have scheduled Barb's WCR (Western Canada Rally) on Victoria Island in September. And many of us are signed up for FODS...street bikes are wlecome though most of us will be playing on dirt roads.

Do keep an eye on the ride planning section.

You'll learn to ignore Old Michael's 10 minute invitations @ 0430 on Saturday morning..... <_<

I know some of those NoCal folks, never rode with any, but had lunch with them. A rather ruddy lot they are.

I'd be real careful with them, especially the ones that ride FJR's :p

If you meet one named Tyler, beware, she's looking to punch someone on the face. :dribble:

Enjoy the forum and your new pals up there, they're awesome! :yahoo:

An 04? Smart man, well know to be the best year Yamaha built the FJR - just ask Reno John.

If you can't make it to that other country north of us (no not Oregon) for WCR some of us Ca boys are headed over to Newer Mexico for SWFOG a few days later.

You're lucky to get a 10 minute heads up from Yellow Helmet but the Sacto boys do put on some good rides around Northern Ca.

If you meet one named Tyler, beware, she's looking to punch someone on the face. :dribble:
Only a small-minded idiot on a cruiser... or RenoJohn just because... I think this guy is safe.... for now. ;)

Lots of folks just a little ways in any direction from Tracy... like the others said, just keep checking in and I'll bet you'll find something soon! B)