• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonnata

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm seriously considering an FJR. I currently own a 2006 BMW K1200LT. While it is a fine bike, my wife no longer rides due to health problems. I want something sportier/quicker that doesn't have the frequent and expensive maintenance schedule that the LT has. I rode a 2005 yesterday & fell in love. I have a short inseam, so it fit me really well, but also want to check out the Gen II bikes as well. This looks like a great forum with a lot of info, so I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for.

Hi all! I'm seriously considering an FJR. I currently own a 2006 BMW K1200LT. While it is a fine bike, my wife no longer rides due to health problems. I want something sportier/quicker that doesn't have the frequent and expensive maintenance schedule that the LT has. I rode a 2005 yesterday & fell in love. I have a short inseam, so it fit me really well, but also want to check out the Gen II bikes as well. This looks like a great forum with a lot of info, so I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for.
To give you a idea where prices are i just sold a 2008 with 533 miles on it for $8,750. I hope you find that information helpful

Welcome!

The FJR is the best bang for the buck, And a helluva good bike. There are some great deals to be had on Gen I too.

I paid 10k for mine new in 2005, And it holds more value in my mind than anything else.

Enjoy your search. :)

Thanks for the advice!

I bought the 2005. Am having a blast with it. Need to make a few changes to make it fit me better, like higher wind screen, maybe make the bars a little closer.