Looking for GPS Cradle/Ball Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iiXioM

Reaction score
So I'm looking at getting a Garmin StreetPilot 2610. Cheap, efficient, and just need to let me know where i am.

Issue i'm having is finding a mounting system. I have decided on ball mount, because my FJR has a ball already. I'm looking for just the cradle + "clamp" arm. Everywhere i look, its a mixture of windshield mount for cars, handlebar, or some other obscure location. Anyone have any ideas?

If it helps, here is a picture of one of the mounts.

41viHYNjVbL._SS400_.jpg

I need the cradle piece + the clamp. that last piece at the bottom is useless to me (and spending $30 for this is useless since its going to cost me almost the price of the GPS!)

Thanks for the help guys.

Have you tried the ram-mount.com wizard for motorcycles?

ClickME

EDIT: Actually the wizard only shows a handlebar mounted mount, but the site has a very good selection of RAM ball stems and GPS mounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it would be:

RAM-HOL-GA9U

-----------

**and**

RAM-B-238U

RAM-B-201U (this one is 3" they also have a 4")

or

RAM-B-103-238U

-----------

This is just one solution. There are several other mounts that look like they will work.

Thanks guys this definitely points me in the right direction.

Looks like i need to find a different GPS now. The 2610 i was watching on amazon for $40 was sold. So time for more researching. Trying to get a little cheapy one to have.

Thanks again!

Thanks guys this definitely points me in the right direction.

Looks like i need to find a different GPS now. The 2610 i was watching on amazon for $40 was sold. So time for more researching. Trying to get a little cheapy one to have.

Thanks again!
You can always try here at Motorcycle Larry. Great service and fast delivery. ~Harvey

Sounds like you don't want to pay the $500+ for a motorcycle specific GPS (Zumo 550,660) you can get a Garmin Nuvi for a bit over $100. I have a 4.3" Garmin Nuvi that I am very happy with The Nuvi's aren't waterproof, but not too worried about that where I live ;) . I bought a "T" (traffic) model 2nd hand still sealed in the box, but if I bought new I would get a LMT (traffic and free lifetime updates). Mine is also bluetooth, and I believe that the newer Nuvi's should all have bluetooth.

There are many mounts available for Nuvi's, including some waterproof enclosures if that is important to you.

Actually I ended up getting the StreetPilot 2610 for a hair under $60. All the mounts and everything i needed came to a total of $100 flat.

Got the cradle, diamond plate ball mount, and the double socketed 3 inch arm thing. The bike came with a ball mount already, so it works well. Thanks for all your help guys! love this place!

And for future reference, when the 2610 dies, or you simply get tired of 2008 maps sending you places that don't exist anymore, or not using new shortcuts, any of the StreetPilots (2720,2730,2820, etc.) will fit your mount unchanged.