Looking for input on a Balaclava

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is pretty popular up north...
hat-af-wolf-all3-01.jpg

Look at the t-shirt.

That's toecutter, before he shaved. And the dog is alive.

I found that, the open-face, "ski mask" type (with and without individual eye holes, and soft-style designed were all lacking (over the years).

I found a polipro balaclava with semi-rigid face area (not hard shelled "plastic") and have found it works very well. The semi-rigid design doesn't collapse in on you when it gets damp from condensation. I just wandered around a hunting/outdoors shop until I found one that worked. Those tend to be less expensive than products sold specifically through motorcycle stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use this here in the Utah cold.Turtle Fur

Thick fleece on the neck thin in the helmet.
I like that, but haven't needed more than a polypropylene one for around here so far. Check out this one for 7 bucks.
Look at the t-shirt.
That's toecutter, before he shaved. And the dog is alive.
WAS alive. Bastard kept humping my neck so I strangled him. That's just gay.

I just found a Balaclava at Dick's Sporting Goods today that works PERFECT for riding with a helmet. It is made by Seirus, and is called the "Thick-N-Thin Headliner." It has a thick fleece collar, but a thin thermax head part. Makes my helmet a little bit tighter, but not bad at all. The thick neck warmer looks like it will work great. According to the packaging, this balaclava is designed to be used with a helmet. $20.00

There is a silk one at " CABELA'S " for 10 bucks! Look in the long underwear section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the $15 baklava from Aerostitch the other day. Will work fine. I find it to be kinda loose and would like the neck piece to be longer, but it'll work just fine.