Looking for mechanic/shop in southern NH

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR Rich

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought my bike at M.O.M.'s in Manchester, NH. So far they have only done the 600 mile service and ignition recall. Currently I need replace my front tire and do the 4K service. Anyone have comment on MOM's for this work? Or recommendation for other shops/mechanics? Note: I bought the tire online.

Normally I would attempt myself, but:

- I'm a first time grandfather (he's 4 months now)

- New job has me commuting approx 1 1/4 hours each way (Amherst -> Somersworth)

So for now, my free time is limited.

Thanks,

Rich, '08 FJR1300A

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I bought my bike at M.O.M.'s in Manchester, NH. So far they have only done the 600 mile service and ignition recall. Currently I need replace my front tire and do the 4K service. Anyone have comment on MOM's for this work? Or recommendation for other shops/mechanics? Note: I bought the tire online.

Normally I would attempt myself, but:

- I'm a first time grandfather (he's 4 months now)

- New job has me commuting approx 1 1/4 hours each way (Amherst -> Somersworth)

So for now, my free time is limited.

Thanks,

Rich, '08 FJR1300A
While I have never used Mom's my self, one of my riding buddy's does and has had nothing but good things to say about them. Though he does ride an HD. LOL

Most competent Yamaha shop around is Hudson Cycles, IMO. They fixed my bike to perfection after a deer strike last September and did a credible job on rebuilding ionbeam's engine after a CCT implosion.

I have shopped at MOM's and did not get any particularly bad vibes, but I'm not sure I would have them doing factory maintenance items on a Yamaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask to see the service area at Mom's before you leave your bike there. Then, make up your mind.

Ask to see the service area at Mom's before you leave your bike there. Then, make up your mind.
I've seen it. My bike was there for the 600 mile service and the ignition recall (dropped off the night before). Came back with no scratches/etc. My concern is on technical skills! :) But I know what you mean! :)

Rich