Looking for new boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I was poking around and found this and hope to expand it just a bit

My Oxtars, after six+ years are ready to be replaced. While I liked the Oxtars, and they held up great, I would like to get in some research to see if I end up with something else.

TIA,

Greg

I recently purchased the Tour Master Response WP 2.0 Road Boots from Motorcycle Superstore ($89.95) and have found them to be the most comfortable 3/4 length bots I have ever owned. A buddy liked them and purchased a pair and now he is a believer too. I haven't had them long enough to speak about their durability but they cost me less than $100 so I don't really care; I just wanted to be able to walk in them after getting off of the bike.

I wear Tour Master Solution 2 boots. I have the 2 because prior to that I wore a pair of the original Solution for 3 years.

Hunnert bucks (maybe hunnert-ten) a pair, comfy, long-lasting, and waterproof. My feet have never been wet in these.

I've ridden 2 hours to events and then spent all day walking around in them, then ridden the 2 hours home. No comfort issues.

And did I mention waterproof?

And just over a hundred dollars?

Love my Sidi boots. Comfortable enough to wear all day long and have remained water proof after about 4 years of solid use. Still look great too. Fairly spendy, but I think I've gotten my money's worth and then some. They show no sign of needing replacement. They don't make my boots anymore and I can't remember the exact model, but they look similar to the current Tour Gore model.

Just wore out my Oxtar Infinities and looks like I'll be replacing them with some SIDI "On Road" . . . similar boot style and feature-wise with a gortex lining . . .