Looking for source of in ear speakers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listen to my Sirius radio through a cheap Sony fm radio ($12.00 I think) clipped on my belt, with OHFJR's earbuds Here the sound quality is great & plenty of volume control with the radio.

I also like this option because your not wired to the bike.

Tom

Another thing to consider if using Entymotics and StarComm.. The Er6i's have a lower impedance value than what the StarComm differential amplifier is happy with. This can cause the StarComm's power amps to reach thermal overload on hot ambient days (>90F) resulting in severe distortion.

The ER6's have a much higher impedance value than the ER6i's, and is slightly higher than the stock StarComm ear buds; they work perfect, even on blistering hot days and sound much better than the stock StarComm earbuds.

Additionally, the ER6's actually have a better frequency response and better bass than the ER6i's. The ER6i's, according to a tech rep I spoke with, were designed for use with low output devices e.g. plugging directly into a cd player, mp3, etc. Most of us are running some type of amplified system, be it StarComm, AutoCom, or Boostaroo so it doesn't matter. My .02 and 150 hours worth of trouble...

If your looking at something that costs $140 why not go custom molded in ear? I had a pair made earlier this year when I was in for an ear test - $200, and they are great, made by Starkey the hearing aid people. Block out almost all ambient noise, consequently am able to play my ipod at about 1/2 volume with perfect sound. Helmet fit is not an issue with customs either, all day comfort. I highly recomment the customs - IMHO

Last edited by a moderator: