Looking For Touch Up Paint...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerhrhr

Reaction score
Mother Yamaha certainly knows how to stick it to you on the simple things. I called my dealer to find out how much touch up paint would be for my 05 FJR, and they said $60 for a little tube. :eek: I almost dropped the phone... As with all painted surfaces on just about any vehicle, you're most certainly going to get some sort of nicks or scratches, and I have a few that I would like to get rid of. The kind that won't just buff out. Anyone have a source for Galaxy Blue touch up paint, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I recently had a few parts repaired/repainted after my little accident two months ago, and I called the shop that did it, but he doesn't believe he has any left over after that, and if he does, it probably isn't labeled. Thanks.

Aaron

Try Color Rite paints. I tried a quick search of the site but can't find the previous post. IIRC, the paint codes were listed for the 04's, can't remember if 05's were also included.

Good Luck.

--G

Buy Duplicolor TY01612 - Toyota Stellar Blue Metallic or something like that. Do a search first to confirm. $5 at Pep Boys.

I've been using it for little nicks and scratches. It blends perfectly.

dgfella

Color-rite sucks. Go with the Toyota touch up.

I made a topic under tips and tricks to store the paint and codes information. Don't know if it's "full" yet:

FJR Paint Codes

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, just the info. I was looking for. Now, after applying the touch up paint, are you buffing it out with some polishing compound, to really blend it in? Thanks again.

Aaron

dgfella is on the mark!!

don't ask me how I know!!!

I had some made up at my local auto paint store and got an aerisol applicator

make sure you tape it off before you prep the area!!!