Looking for waterproof gloves?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very dramatic video, and for sure some of the ones demo'd aren't worth owning--kind of like some of the waterproof boots I've owned (Alpinestars), or rain gear--like the Frogg Toggs I gave away. I wish I'd seen a video like this on those products before I spent my money.

Yes, I realize there will be people who will want to respond and say "MY Alpinestars boots/Frogg Toggs work GREAT and kept me dry in an all-day driving rain during Hurricane Mary Louise," and I'm absolutely sure it's true. MINE didn't. Maybe we had different models, or maybe I'm just unlucky and got a faulty pair or set. I got good and wet.

I ordered a couple pairs of glove rain covers from the Aerostich catalog several years ago (here). Three bucks each, I'm never caught without them (kept my side bag with my tools, first aid kit, tire plug stuff--you know, the essentials). No bulky and expensive extra pair of gloves to pack, and I could hold them in that water tank all day. They're just big rubber gloves, but what do you really need? I like 'em. BTW, I ordered two pairs because I thought they might not hold up. Haven't opened the second package yet, and I've used them at least eight or ten times. (I do try to avoid riding in the rain.)

436_2c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It really doesn't matter how waterproof the gloves are when water runs down your arms into the gloves and they turn into buckets.... Someone tell me how to make that stop.

I have been super happy with these: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-hybrid-wsp-gloves

They have been completely waterproof through the PNW winter weather, and I was especially pleased how they solved this problem:

It really doesn't matter how waterproof the gloves are when water runs down your arms into the gloves and they turn into buckets.... Someone tell me how to make that stop.
The grip is phenomenal, the heat transfer from my heated grips is outstanding. I love 'em.

Just my $.02.

The problem with that testing is that I've had gloves that were waterproof for the first months then the protection started to break down.

Very dramatic video, and for sure some of the ones demo'd aren't worth owning--kind of like some of the waterproof boots I've owned (Alpinestars), or rain gear--like the Frogg Toggs I gave away. I wish I'd seen a video like this on those products before I spent my money.
Yes, I realize there will be people who will want to respond and say "MY Alpinestars boots/Frogg Toggs work GREAT and kept me dry in an all-day driving rain during Hurricane Mary Louise," and I'm absolutely sure it's true. MINE didn't. Maybe we had different models, or maybe I'm just unlucky and got a faulty pair or set. I got good and wet.

I ordered a couple pairs of glove rain covers from the Aerostich catalog several years ago (here). Three bucks each, I'm never caught without them (kept my side bag with my tools, first aid kit, tire plug stuff--you know, the essentials). No bulky and expensive extra pair of gloves to pack, and I could hold them in that water tank all day. They're just big rubber gloves, but what do you really need? I like 'em. BTW, I ordered two pairs because I thought they might not hold up. Haven't opened the second package yet, and I've used them at least eight or ten times. (I do try to avoid riding in the rain.)

436_2c.jpg
ACTUALLY 11.00 WITH SHIPPING. JUST CHECKED THE WEBSITE.