Looks like the Gen II is Faster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice run UP. :clapping: I'm sure the Gen 1 guys will find an excuse for this, they tend to be an insecure lot. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that the Gen II had several mods done to it. I bet if the Gen I had the same mods done it would have whipped its butt that this video would have never been posted!!!!!!

The 04 Fjr would have whipped the exhaust off the 'o8 I'm just sayin'.

Mick

Mick

Mick

Mick

A well known side effect of breathing Gen I exhaust fumes is repeating everything twice. :p

Who is RobertFord and why did he start a thread about UselessPickles' video? :rolleyes:
And why is this one still here? The "big wheels" must be on vacation.. :lol:

:jester:
You called SkooterG a "Big Wheel"? He'll take that as a compliment, I'll let him know that when I see him later today.

Mick

Mick

A well known side effect of breathing Gen I exhaust fumes is repeating everything twice. :p
Yes, but he only repeated it once. :yahoo:

Mick

Mick

They don't repeat everything twice. They are going so fast it causes an echo.

They don't repeat everything twice. They are going so fast it causes an echo.

This sure breaks the myth of the Gen I bikes being quicker. Having owned both a Gen I & II I always knew that to be the case. In any case the Beemer GT and Kawasaki are both much quicker. Yamaha needs to wake up and get this excellent bike updated. I believe it is also possible Yamaha might even discontinue the FJR because of the small sales volume and the shrinking market place, but I hope not.

This sure breaks the myth of the Gen I bikes being quicker. Having owned both a Gen I & II I always knew that to be the case. In any case the Beemer GT and Kawasaki are both much quicker. Yamaha needs to wake up and get this excellent bike updated. I believe it is also possible Yamaha might even discontinue the FJR because of the small sales volume and the shrinking market place, but I hope not.
I agree, Me thinks the FJR is close to the end of its run. I'm very happy with my 09 that I bought used at a premium price. But there is NO WAY I'd pay anything close to the current MSRP for a new model. Ya gotta have a lot of respect for the FJR as it was the prototype for the Super Sport/Touring class. Took a few years for others to catch up...Bill