Lorenzo at it yet again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
In practice for this weeks GP at LeMans, he had 2 high speed crashes. Then in Qualifying went straight on into a huge gravel trap at 150mph. He satyed on the bike and rode straight through the trap which was about 200 yards across. When he exited the other side there was a drop of about 18 inches back to the track level and he left the ground still doing over 100mph with both legs stuck out wide and did a moto-cross style jump, landed back on the track and continued.

He is fast but very close to the edge all the time. He has had treatment on his ankles every day for the last 2 weeks and has progressed from a wheelchair to walking with crutches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't seem to bother him much during the race though! 2nd isn't too bad with a couple of bum legs! Just not quite as good as Rossi.

Did anyone hear what happened to Stoner's Bike?

Didn't seem to bother him much during the race though! 2nd isn't too bad with a couple of bum legs! Just not quite as good as Rossi.

I doubt that you will find out the truth. The usual blurb is 'an electrical fault' The engine was revving but no drive. Possibly a clutch problem.

Without giving anything away who is this Lorenzo kid....I have never seen anyone like him.He is incredible, I reckon he will exceed Rossi's record. We are blessed that we are witnessing them both racing together.

I doubt that you will find out the truth. The usual blurb is 'an electrical fault' The engine was revving but no drive. Possibly a clutch problem.

Without giving anything away who is this Lorenzo kid....I have never seen anyone like him.He is incredible, I reckon he will exceed Rossi's record. We are blessed that we are witnessing them both racing together.
Great race today!!!!

We are blessed that we are witnessing them both racing together.
So true, today's race was incredible! How about Colin Edwards getting on the podium?

It is truly amazing watching the best riders in the world battling it out on the worlds greatest tracks.

You're right, Feej, we are blessed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa big guy - Lorenzo as good as Rossi? That's a long way off, don't want to be a Danny downer but his crashes are very serious and if he keeps crashing will he still be racing when he is 29 like the doc?

Don't get me wrong. he was awesome today. How about that wheelie across the finish line! :clapping:

What's the deal with Toesland, getting a bit anxious?