Lost a great buddy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry I did not see this sooner...

Dragonchef, I feel for your family... I have a lab that has been with me almost everyday for 9 years... He goes to work with me and everything..... I can only imagine how you must feel....

Condolences from deep in my heart

Oh man I know your pain... I had to put down our Terrier of 16 years this past January. I guess I'll always miss the little guy. So many pets don't get the opportunity to grow up in a loving home that you provided for Toggi.

Well, your Toggi is up in doggie heaven rippin' it up with my 1st golden, 'Sage'.

We too just 'went to take a peek' at the litter, and well...how can you leave a golden puppy behind? Impossible.

I have to say, he was the best dog I have ever had the opportunity to know thus far. Heart full of love and endless loyalty. Eager to please 24/7, no matter what.

That made it easy to overlook the party he had on my bed with 1/2 dozen fresh baked banana chocolate chip muffins, and various other 'charming' trademark Sage moments...*LOL*

He survived a major hit by car injury that sidelined him for 6 months at the age of 9 to be struck down with hemangiosarcoma at 12 (about 2 years ago)

The day the vet came to the house to put him down, he couldn't understand why we wanted him to lay down. Afterall, he had 2 new friends in the yard who could throw the ball for him!! (despite a watermelon sized tumor slung across his abdomen that made it impossible for him to sit or lay comfortably).

We held him as he slipped away from the pain. I bawled like a baby for months...

RIP Toggi, say Hi to my Sager... :)

Well back from the 5 week biz trip that seemed like 5 lifetimes...

Thank-you to everyone for your kind and wonderful words. It means the world to us...we know that we are not alone.

A few pictures to share, now that I am home..

pick me!!!

toggibabypic.jpg

He really loved his "babies", rarely ever without one, or a tennis ball. Patricia forever picking them up...so one day I messed with him a bit...

IMG_2147.jpg

With his bud, our other guy...Mac

IMG_2201.jpg

don't make us pose....again...

IMG_2395.jpg

They owned the couches...and the bed...

IMG_6245.jpg

the natural instincts never leave...

IMG_3660.jpg

He also loved holding hands...who wouldn't want to hold her hand... :)

IMG_6260.jpg

and the snow...

IMG_3391.jpg

Bye bud...we really miss you...!!

IMG_3419.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy in my avatar picture, 12 year old golden, chased his last ball today.
What makes this so tough is that I have been on an extended business trip out of the country, and my wife had to deal with the whole thing on her own. His health had not been great over the last months, but he was ok recently. She was to join me in Chicago today, but cancelled her trip when it was apparent he would not make it until we returned. He went so fast, about a week.

His name was Toggi, which in Korean means rabbit. We went "just to look" and brought him home, on Easter Sunday, 1996. He would never leave my side when I was home. He would lay next to me on the floor as I lay on the couch. Play ball till he was lame. Eat a whole bowl of dry food in 12 seconds. Had to have been the happiest living thing on the face of the earth. My wife said that even down to the end, he just wanted to play, eat and wag his tail...

I am so grateful for my compassionate and loving wife. She has put so much time in to all of us, asking nothing in return. She had such amazing strength to handle all this, and has truly made me a better man.

I miss you buddy, and I am so sorry I missed your last weeks with us. I know that you are now pain free, and will forever be in our hearts...
A little story that I think about during times like these..My Female lab was born Easter Sunday 1999..Sorry for the loss of your friend.

A Dog's Purpose - from a 4 year old

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home. As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for the four-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience. The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few

minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion.

We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The four-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply, Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Dragon,

So sorry to hear of Toggi leaving this World. I hope you carry the joy he brought you in your Heart forever.

WW

Why is it I can lose a dear human friend/family and not shed a tear.

When a dog dies.. Kleenex time.

So sorry for your loss I really do know how it feels.

I moved to the country and within a year my Airedale and best four legged friend Max was poisoned. Seems cattle farmers were using poisoned chickens to try and kill Coyotes. Dogs don't know the difference. My wife found him in the creek bed when she went for a walk the evening I left for a business trip. She drug him as far as she could towards home crying all the way. She finally became exhausted and came back to the house for a shovel and went back and buried him on her own. I will never forget her call. She is quite a woman and friend. She even stacked his grave with rocks to keep the animals away from him. I know some may think it is corny but I make it a point to go down the creek and spend a minute with an old friend on my way by.

...so my wife goes to visit family last September....and then I start getting emails....one with this pic>>>

IMG_5010.jpg

His name is "Bada", meaning ocean or sea in Korean....He is from NORCAL, where I know so many of the great forum members reside...

I guess if I was a little more on the ball, we could have called hime feejer.....he knows where the gear is!

IMG_5623.jpg

loves to take walks....(now 6 months old today, and 60 pounds!)

IMG_5740.jpg

has figured out where the food is...

IMG_5967.jpg

loves "the chair"

IMG_6101.jpg

...and the bed...

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

ahem....

IMG_6145.jpg

I do miss our old buddy, but the new guy has brought some sunshine to our lives...!!!

IMG_6207.jpg

IMG_6207cropped.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

He's beautiful ! and what a great life he has with you. Do you still have the Sheltie? they're my two favorite breeds :)

Hey Dragonchef, what a beautiful new pup! I love happy endings :yahoo:

I too had a GR that let me live with him for 13 years; and who's head I cradled as he succumbed to euthanasia. It can still bring a tear to my eye.

Have a great time w/Bada, and if'n I was you I'd be investing in some.....ahem......new pillows!

VPup

I can relate to your loss. I have always grown up with dogs and have rarely been "dogless" for a long period of time.

Your older guy looks very noble and wise I am sure he will be greatly missed. I am glad you still have another golden to love, they are great dogs. I have a female German Shepherd that does "that thing" to the pillow so I am told. I haven't actually seen it with my own eyes, and to tell you the truth, I don't think I want to.... :ermm:

I will keep you in my prayers,

Matt