Lost Rear Foot Peg and it Hit my Wife !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooper

Reaction score
Last year I bought a set of the foot peg lowers for my wifes comfort. They worked ok but now that I have the Tenere she only rides two up on it. Well today we are riding seperate bikes with me on my FJR and her on her V-Star1300. We pushing it down I-64 to get home and she tells me on the Scala Rider head set that something just hit her crash bar on her V-Star 1300 then hit her on her right shin. We thought it was maybe a small peice of tire tread from the road until I get home and find my left rear passenger foot peg missing. The weird thing is the pin is still in place however the lower end snap ring is missing. I can only guess that the pin vibrated up until the peg took to flight and then settled back in. She has a nice bruise the exact same shape as the foot peg.

Anyway I'm going to be selling these things and going back to stock.

If you run the same lowers check your snap rings.

Scooper

That is scary. You wife could have been seriously hurt by it if it had bounced up. Who did you buy the foot peg lowers from. :eek:

That is scary. You wife could have been seriously hurt by it if it had bounced up. Who did you buy the foot peg lowers from. :eek:
If someone wants to make a safety/legal issue, it shouldn't matter from whom he bought them.

1.) Who installed them?

2.) Who did the pre-ride inspection?