Love my Pirelli's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best so far are the ones that came on the bike, Metzler z6 Roadtec. I also got a lot of mileage from a Dunlop D220. I couldn't wait for the D220 to wear out, I hated that tire, it had a shimmy at around 50mph. Luckily I never cruised at that speed. I haven't liked any of the dual compound tires, roadsmart, BT021, haven't tried the Michelin or Perelli yet. I'm going to a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus car tire on the rear my next change. I currently have a Shinko F009 on the front and so far it is fine and only costs about $80. 8K is my best mileage from the Roadtecs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been running strada's and I only get about 6k and that is with the E spec. I run to Florida once a year and the Smokies several times a year and they are toast.

I just got to run about 210 miles on the new Strada's and I love 'em! I only had 4k on my rear PR2 but it was cupped so had that I felt like I was running on Rumble Strips when I cornered as was the PP2 on the front (couldn't get a front PR2 when I mounted them last fall). After talking to Ionbeam and Roadrunner a couple of weeks ago I went and bought the Strada's and told the dealer I would NEVER put on PR2's again. Now I'll see if I can get 10k out of them. Thanks Alan and Art.

Tom

MMMMMMMM..... Pirelli's
uhm, Rob, little different from the roost throwing beasts you were running! I thought I was running behind an open class motocross when you were ahead of me on Southwood!

Oh ya Mine are a little different aren't they Steve. I am running Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa ZR. Whole new ball game ... sorry. Still Pirelli's though. :rolleyes:

Well I've got a set of Angels coming-$257 shipped. We'll see how they go-I miss my Azarro's, but life continues.

How about keeping us posted on tht Angels wear/ride performance. I read somewhere that the Angles were supposed to be the answer to all of our prayers!

i have just a LITTLE OVER 4KMI ON THE 021'S AND THE FRONT IS TOAST THE REAR STILL LOOKS GOOD. Now , what to try next??