Low Sided The GSXR Tuesday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear you came through it... really glad there was no oncoming traffic!

Like you said, the bike looks remarkably unscathed... and what was bent/broke can be replaced.

Glad you had the gear... looks like your helmet is now a conversation piece...

Sorry to here about your crash. Hope you recover quickly.

The thing that got me thinking is where there is a farm driveway that washes sand and gravel onto the road and causes lots of bikes to crash.

It might be worthwhile to report this as an unsafe condition to the state or county or who ever it is that maintains that road. In my part of the country, once an unsafe condition is reported and on record they are liable for future crashes caused by that condition. That makes them fix it pretty quick. The least they can do is put up a warning sign.

Sorry to here about your crash. Hope you recover quickly.
The thing that got me thinking is where there is a farm driveway that washes sand and gravel onto the road and causes lots of bikes to crash.

It might be worthwhile to report this as an unsafe condition to the state or county or who ever it is that maintains that road. In my part of the country, once an unsafe condition is reported and on record they are liable for future crashes caused by that condition. That makes them fix it pretty quick. The least they can do is put up a warning sign.
Good idea, I will ask about this some more.

Glad your okay Sparky, but I sure don't like the looks of my old Gixxer :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: .. I did tell you "NO WARRANTY" didn't I... :p :p Smitty
It kills me to see her this way too, gives me motivation to fix her sooner.

I had just done a really nice brake pad replacement on her, cleaned the calipers really well with a tooth brush and PJ (I think its called). Cleaned, shined and lubed the guide rod and bleed them. The fronts were pulsating a bit and now they don't.

Glad to hear you came through it... really glad there was no oncoming traffic!
Like you said, the bike looks remarkably unscathed... and what was bent/broke can be replaced.

Glad you had the gear... looks like your helmet is now a conversation piece...
Yea, if not for the mailbox it would have been totally remarkable.

The helmet at least will get replaced by insurance, as I can't afford another Shoei right now, and I won't wear anything less now.

Maybe this all happened because I hadn't anything to post on this board for a while and missed hearing from you guys.

Cold Weather is coming around many areas and a whole new set of things to look out for on the road.

Ice, leaves, deer, everyone be careful out there and you can't borrow my gaurdian angle, get your own I need mine! :D :yahoo:

My wife came in to wake me up this morning and pushed on my stomach. Of course I screamed in pain and am moving a little slower. She really is great though. :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's time to consider renaming this place the "FJR-Crash-Forum"

Glad you were geared up and OK.

Well sparky, what kills me more than anything is...I see dirt on that gixxer! :blink:

First time I've seen dirt on that machine... :eek:

j/k

Glad you're alright and DOUBLE glad no oncoming traffic happened at that turn. We live or die on the narrowest of threads sometimes.

Well sparky, what kills me more than anything is...I see dirt on that gixxer! :blink:
First time I've seen dirt on that machine... :eek:

j/k

Glad you're alright and DOUBLE glad no oncoming traffic happened at that turn. We live or die on the narrowest of threads sometimes.
I had just cleaned the heck out of it, polished the rims and started using ProTectAll on it. I haven't been in any shape to wash the dirt off but I did pick a lot of grass out of the slider area.

You can bet tomorrow I will be washing it to see what kind of permanent damage is done to the plastics.

I like my stuff clean and don't judge bikers by how many bugs they have collected.

I think for having bought it at the end of June, Collarbone Surgery in July and still managed to put 3500 miles or so on it I have been riding it a lot.

I will post back pics when I get it fixed. Spoke with insurance again today but still waiting on the appraiser to contact me.