Lower the pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First start with using the seat adjustments. If that still is not high enough there are brackets for lowering the passenger pegs. Not sure if I've seen them used on the front pegs since the gear shift lever and the rear brake lever would need adjustment as well. Try using the search methos listed below and it should pull something up for ya. I'm sure someone has done this before so I'll look around and let you know if I find anything. Since this is a new bike for you I can say that it takes some getting use to and stretching your legs out while riding will help. Long days in the saddle take some major stretching to keep those knees from cramping up. Also a Russell seat will help as well since they are built a little higher than the stock seat and support the thighs better.

First start with using the seat adjustments. If that still is not high enough there are brackets for lowering the passenger pegs. Not sure if I've seen them used on the front pegs since the gear shift lever and the rear brake lever would need adjustment as well. Try using the search methos listed below and it should pull something up for ya. I'm sure someone has done this before so I'll look around and let you know if I find anything. Since this is a new bike for you I can say that it takes some getting use to and stretching your legs out while riding will help. Long days in the saddle take some major stretching to keep those knees from cramping up. Also a Russell seat will help as well since they are built a little higher than the stock seat and support the thighs better.
Reply removed by fastalk, sorry mybad must have missed that. :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
Skip the lowering pegs. They suck and if you like to get quick in the twisties and dont like to hang off your seat your going to be dragging those fookers all the time.

I just bought an '07 with a lowering kit and took those things RIGHT THE FOOK OFF!