lowered 7/8", what to expect?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about peg height? Do they lower 7/8" too?Before installing the Penske rear shock and GPS front end kit, I routinely drug pegs, even at only 70% cornering.

After suspension upgrade, I have to try REALLY hard to drag stuff.

Ifn the pegs do drop by 7/8 couldn't imagine how hard they would drag then, and I ain't no HaulinAshe... <_< :unsure:
Well, I am sure Jeff could explain it. But lets try anyway

7/8" needs to be multiplied by the quotient of the bell curve that initiates the momentum in the arc from the center line of the lean mass table to compensate for the lower inertia required to pucker the factor. Thus it would look something like this

7/8(2b_sq)

------------

16/wx2?3""&~4.3^y

So, As you can clearly see. it will lower ground clearance some

Jes Sayin

Hey Cdog. Go drinka beer er sumpin'.. yer thinking to hard.

:jester:

Mine has been lowered for two years. No issues and that's including a 9,000 mile trip through the Canada and the U.S. two-up. When crossing speed bumps, I raise myself on the pegs and traverse slowly, works for me. Changed my rear shock to a Hyperpro last fall, handles two-up weight much better then the original.
Give it a good chunk of gas when your front wheel hits the speed bump, No clearance problems.

I have been running with the Kouba links since purchasing my '07 AE last May with no issues, though as many others have stated, watch the clearance, both over speed bumps AND when riding spirited through the twisties. You WILL be dragging the footpegs much sooner that without the lowering links.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

Mine has been lowered for two years. No issues and that's including a 9,000 mile trip through the Canada and the U.S. two-up. When crossing speed bumps, I raise myself on the pegs and traverse slowly, works for me. Changed my rear shock to a Hyperpro last fall, handles two-up weight much better then the original.
Give it a good chunk of gas when your front wheel hits the speed bump, No clearance problems.

That's true Spook but then I would have another dent on the back of my head from my SO. :wacko:

Had my dealer install the shorter Kouba links while mounting new rubber. also had him lower the front 0.4".
should I be expecting the bike to handle any differently?

ps: got the tip on Kouba links here. thx for help, MEM and others.
I'm 5'4", on a good day. Lowered mine front and back, added handlebar risers and had the seat shaved. Fits much better and I can feel no difference in handling. I do agree with others on the side-stand dilemma... just be careful how and where you park.

I've lowered mine also with no problems... I don't ride 8-9/10's either. I do ride 2 up some with my wife still with no issue's.

after lowering mine. I took the center stand off and cut a 1 inch chunk out of it below the pivot point and rewelded it. then got the heat (torch) out and did a little tweaking on the side stand for the lean angle. The center stand now is easier to operate than when it was stock ,as I took a little more length out than the bike was lowered. For some reason the Japanese think that the rear wheel needs to be 6 inches off the ground when on the centerstand. Now mine is effortless to put on the rear wheel and the rear is only about 2 inches off the ground. Almost like a rideoff stand. There is plenty of length on the centerstand to do this ,just find yourself a good welder.

Lowered mine W/links 1.5 years ago-kickstand angle is the thing to be careful with.

How about peg height? Do they lower 7/8" too?Before installing the Penske rear shock and GPS front end kit, I routinely drug pegs, even at only 70% cornering.

After suspension upgrade, I have to try REALLY hard to drag stuff.

Ifn the pegs do drop by 7/8 couldn't imagine how hard they would drag then, and I ain't no HaulinAshe... <_< :unsure:
Well, I am sure Jeff could explain it. But lets try anyway

7/8" needs to be multiplied by the quotient of the bell curve that initiates the momentum in the arc from the center line of the lean mass table to compensate for the lower inertia required to pucker the factor. Thus it would look something like this

7/8(2b_sq)

------------

16/wx2?3""&~4.3^y

So, As you can clearly see. it will lower ground clearance some

Jes Sayin

Hey Cdog. Go drinka beer er sumpin'.. yer thinking to hard.

:jester: