Lowered bike today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to lower my 07 ae today and what a difference.

Lowered it 3 inches from stock and the side stand still works. Turn in is a tad slower but not enough to make a difference.

By increasing the rake it made it as solid as a rock at high speed. The real bonus is that the windshield is now perfect when fully extended and all buffeting is gone.

I did find that the bearings in the link pivots were not greased from the factory.

They had very light film of what appeared to be just corrosion preventer on them as you would find on new bearings but that was it.

Took the opportunity to drill the relay arm and swingarm for zerks.
I lowered my wife's 06 AE with Soupy's links as they are adjustable. The Kouba Links only dropped it 7/8" and she was still on her toes. Slid the forks 1/2" and plan to shave the seat a little too. I've taken some pretty agressive corners and haven't scraped anything and handling is seems just fine. You just don't want to bounce over speed bumps as the pivot will make contact. Nice and easy on the speed bumps.