Lowering The Fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steph,I guess I have to start to use the little smiley faces more often. Disparage? I'm just glad I don't have to use the wrench because of my hydraulic adjuster. I even enjoy the compression adjustments.......but I admit I'm Anal Retentive (besides being overweight).

I just couldn't see a small gal needing to spend $1,000 for very little benefit for her weight and riding style.

dobias :haha:

(there, is that better?)
;) Thank you-I have not been referred to as "small" in a VERY long time :D :rolleyes: :)

I am sorry that I have big muscular thighs and calves,, and am having trouble reaching the ground flat footed,,,it's not a problem with the ladies!!
Way to much info for me dude. You should really be more sensitive to the needs of the severely homophobic when writing your posts. :D

Why Yamaha has not done the adjustable seat height ala BMW & Honda, I'll never know...
How else to keep that dry weight figure nice and low?

Have you tried using softer air?
I tried the softer air, but it didn't help. In fact, it made the front end seem too spongy and the tires looked like they were low on pressure all the time. Mixing the soft air with hard air seemed to be the best solution for me. :haha:

Windjammer

Sorry I did not mean to gross you out,,it just seemed the drug thing was getting out of hand ,,, so I threw that out to stop it,,, it worked,,,

I have installed the Corbin /Yammi seat ,,,

it is higher than the stock,, but I like how it feels when at speed,, a little stiff but it needs to be broken in,, I belive I will have the seat shaved,, I have a friend that makes seats for custom aplication,,, (harleys, choppers) and also custom upholstery for cars ,, I still want to lower the overhaul height a bit ,,

my brother works at a local steel mill ,, I belive I can get the material I need from him,, and make the dogs myself,, I'll let you know how it comes out,,