Lucky day, new 06 on showroom floor.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROADHAZARD

Reaction score
Well, i just went in to get some parts for the dirt bike and there it was. Brand new 06A model sitting there. After i picked my jaw up off the floor, i asked the salesman how much. He said 13,100.00, i said what'll ya give me for my 03 vulcan 1500 classic,he said 5835.00, i said sign me up! 7 days later and 800 miles i've gotta say this is the best bike i've ever owned. I had been looking at the FJR since last fall but figured i would never afford one. Sure glad i made the jump. It's smooth,no heat issues, no mirror blurring, i got the bag liners extra lock and little blue covers for the saddlebag mounts. I didn't notice any surging at low speed. The throttle is a bit abrupt, or maybe it's more the clutch is off or on so i'm still a little bit jerky accelerating. I'm going to take the middle spring off the throttle pully like some have done. Hopefully tomorrow i'll get that first long ride in. Maybe the Blue Ridge Parkway down to Cherokee then over to deals gap. Should be about 400 miles all together. My wife is ready to kill me because i've spent hours and hours reading this forum this week while shes painting the kitchen. Should be just enough topics left to last till she gets done. Thanks guys,Bob

really, it's not that good. Why most of us can hardly stand to ride ours day after day after day after.....etc.....etc....
Nor do we suffer withdrawals when we haven't ridden for 3 or 4 days...... :dribble: And people have the audacity to ask me if the FJR is that good of a bike for me. :blink:

Resistance is futile, I've been assimilated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought my 1980 kawasaki kz1300 six cylinder (which i still ride and will never sell) was the coolest bike ever. I may have to rethink. Since i can't ride today (rain) i think i'll go wash the fjr.

Hi Bob,

I'm over in Johnson City. Please don't tell me you bought it at the local dealer.

IF SO! please let me know. You will need to have you bags locktited, as that dealer has their head up their ass, and don't read instructions.

Hi Bob,
I'm over in Johnson City. (snip)
Doggonit guys! I'm riding all around you both on my new Yami and really wish we could get on the same road at the same time.

Roger in Bluff City

BTW, Congrats Bob!

Give me a call Friday evening Roger, I'll probably be out riding saturday as my S.O. is busy all day.

I've also been teaching one of my friends at work to ride, and I haven't been wanting to burden any other riders with our slow pace the past few weekends.

NOW thats the way to go 1.2.3 done new bike and the kitchen is painted . Give her a big kiss. ...

welcome to the fold and I hope you enjoy your bike at least half as much as I have enjoyed mine. July 8th marks my anniversary with the bike...19,000 miles later :)

Slapnpop, i did buy it at Jims . I mean to check those bag screws soon as i can. I also had a small oil leak around the clutch slave mechanism cover. Wesley at the shop said he would fix it this week. I trust him to do a good job. If you or Roger ever ride during the week give me a shout. I've got a weird work schedule so my days off are always different. See ya, Bob

I forgot Jim's bought the Yamaha shop. Not sure how applicable my post above is regarding their service work.

I didn't trust the shop (in it's previous state) to do anything on my bike.

Still waiting on mine...this is taking forever!

Went to Chattanooga today and picked up my wife's new bike. New '05 Honda ST1300. Rode it back on back roads to get lots of shifts and variances in RPM's. It's a very nice bike. I can't wait for the FJR.

Congrats on yours. If your in TN, we'll surely cross paths.

I forgot Jim's bought the Yamaha shop. Not sure how applicable my post above is regarding their service work.
I didn't trust the shop (in it's previous state) to do anything on my bike.
Well, they were suppose to call me when they got a new FJR in. I never got the call.

It seems hardly anyone in business these days will do what they tell you they will.

Now Bob is out there riding what might have been my new bike!

Just kidding, Bob. I'm waiting for the Red FJR1400s to come out. :yahoo:

Roger