MadMike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael, can't get over how beautiful your '06 blue FJR looks!Someday, I hope to upgrade myself.

...I don't mean upgrade myself--me--Don,.... but rather I hope to upgrade

my older FJR to the sleeker, better handling '06.
I wish you the best, BeemerDonStanley. And please give Bust a "special" hug for me when you see

him Canuckatucky.

Thanks ...
A pleasure, amigo.

....thanks for teaching me to ride in snow!
Mike, as I recall, you were the one handing out instructions.

"OM, you stand right behind my bike while I spin the wheel and fling mud, and pine needles,

and slush all over your ass."

Ya showoff...
Ooops. Did I include that pic of my open fly? :D

Thanks OM, I needed a lift.
GUNNY that a few times over!
I hope you guys are doing okay.

Incredible job.

BR and Mrs. BR could not have had a better crew.

Peace and love.

OM, You ... are going to Hell.
HYCLE, I hope we get to share a desk!

... CA roads without traffic, what will they think of next?
Cellphones that don't work in a car.

You guys have way too much fun.... Photoshop fun...
Seriously. There was NO Photoshopping done in this one. Sad, but true.

... I'm thinking with those new larger Solteks that the Northwestern Power Grid will go down if those are turned on during peak times!
MadMike just loves big headlights. ...On bikes, too.

You still aren't as pretty as Beemerdons and me, ya old Mick! I don't care what Bust wrote in his love notes to you.

I feel better now, since I'm jealous that I can't take pictures like you do. <<sigh>>

Last edited by a moderator:
You still aren't as pretty as Beemerdons and me, ya old Mick! I don't care what Bust wrote in his love notes to you.
My momma says, "Pretty is as pretty does."

I feel better nNow I feel pretty...oh so pretty, since but I'm jealous that I can't take pictures like you do. <<sigh>>
Er...fixed it for you, Michael.

Uhm....you can't "point-and-shoot"?

Awesome ride, you guys are so lucky to live in such great riding territory. What is the temperature difference between the foothills and the sumit?

Awesome ride, you guys are so lucky to live in such great riding territory. What is the temperature difference between the foothills and the sumit?
90s in the valley, some 60s but mostly 70s in the mountains except for a few places where the wind across the snow fields dropped the temperature even more. Still, no need for layers and you can see we had our jackets off at lunch.

I'm really starting think I live in the wrong place. Great pics, thanks!
Nope...just a different place. From what I've seen of the riding in the East it has it's own spectacular scenery and roads. What you may lack in vertical height is more than made up for by the amount of roads through valleys and glens where we have a few passes over the Sierras.
Like I said, just different!

Of course, there are those states that are relatively flat....for miles and miles and miles.....but we have rather long and hot valleys in CA (Sacramento Valley..176 miles from Shasta to Sacramento, San Joaquin Valley...260 miles from Sacramento to Bakersfield) and the high desert of Nevada, eastern Oregon, Washington, southern Idaho. The canyon country of Utah and the Sonoran desert of Arizona and New Mexico. It goes on and on and on. Different!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK ... OK !! How'd I miss this thread till now ? :eek: As usual Mikey and Mikey .... great pics and report. Wish I lived near you guys ... might get to see you more often :rolleyes:
Yeah....welllll....we're trying to separate ourselves from the "hooligan element" who ride around and harass the "Cruiser Crowd" who are out saving lives with their loud pipes.

:(

:bleh:

great ride report and photos. You guys are looking GOOOOD! :clapping: It looks kinda cold there though . . . . :blink: