Mag-knight magnetic tank bra

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjacks

Reaction score
I have had my color match magnetic tank bra for about 2 weeks now. First off the color matching is close but not perfect by any means. The blue they used shows too much purple but in some lights it looks pretty close. I would reccomend saving the $'s and get black (or what ever other color you want). I couldn't ever get it to fit right with out any gaps at the corners where the bra goes vertical to create the tank pad in the middle. I finally just cut the thing into 3 pieces today and trimmed out the problem parts. It is now much easier to adjust and fit the thing without any gaps.

Over all I like the fact that it is easy to remove and reapply when needed but not the color matching and initial fit.

P.S. I tried to get some pics of the color differences but they weren't clear in the photos. I will see if I can find some better lighting later on.

I have had my color match magnetic tank bra for about 2 weeks now. First off the color matching is close but not perfect by any means. The blue they used shows too much purple but in some lights it looks pretty close. I would reccomend saving the $'s and get black (or what ever other color you want). I couldn't ever get it to fit right with out any gaps at the corners where the bra goes vertical to create the tank pad in the middle. I finally just cut the thing into 3 pieces today and trimmed out the problem parts. It is now much easier to adjust and fit the thing without any gaps.
Over all I like the fact that it is easy to remove and reapply when needed but not the color matching and initial fit.

P.S. I tried to get some pics of the color differences but they weren't clear in the photos. I will see if I can find some better lighting later on.

I've had mine since I bought my bike, you have to remember to clean the paint finish under the magnets if any water gets under it. Also, it doesn't form well around the tank if its not heated enough for the installation.

I've had mine since I bought my bike, you have to remember to clean the paint finish under the magnets if any water gets under it. Also, it doesn't form well around the tank if its not heated enough for the installation.
+1

You NEED to heat it so it flops by itself in order to form it perfectly. Mine fits with no gaps after using a heat gun.

Yep. To install properly, you really need ...

1) A hot sunny day.

2) Heat gun or (high wattage) hair dryer.

Follow the directions about leaving it out in the sun for an hour or so, it really makes it much easier to form around the tank. After it's on, it stays on and looks great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mjack.

Could help me a little by more filling in the blanks:

Item:

Indication for use:

Website source:

Location of purchase:

cost of purchase:

your review: (incl good & bad)

Pictures:

thank you in advance.

Thanks mjack.Could help me a little by more filling in the blanks:

Item:

Indication for use:

Website source:

Location of purchase:

cost of purchase:

your review: (incl good & bad)

Pictures:

thank you in advance.

Mag-Knight

You should be able to get all the info you are looking for off their website.

When I got my Mag-Knight, they had an instructional video on their website w/ pretty clear directions and video for properly installing the tank protector. IIRC, sun and hair dryer do the trick.

I just re-installed a fresh new setup. Heat gun and hold in place, and its sitting down perfect.

Heat gun........ nawwwww!! :focus:

Just let the fuel level in the tank run down till it only has about a gallon or so left in it. That will warm up the Mag Knight, and just about everything else! :beach: