magazine subsciption

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone subscibe to RoadrRunner magazine? It's new to me ,just got an ad in the mail,it has pull-out tankbag maps gps info in every mag. for MC touring .
Have had a subscription for the past couple of years. Worth every penny. Geared towards touring and exploration, but not to the exclusion of other aspects of the sport. Good reviews that include brands that you would not normally find in the main stream newsstand stuff. You can usually find it at a larger Barnes & Noble, so go pick up the latest issue and check it out.

Almost forgot. Yes, they have tear out maps for your tank bag, but they also have downloadable GPS routes for almost all of their rides. As a subscriber, you can also download an electronic version of their magazine as well.

Anyone subscibe to RoadrRunner magazine? It's new to me ,just got an ad in the mail,it has pull-out tankbag maps gps info in every mag. for MC touring .
With the occasional break, I've pretty much been a subscriber since it launched. The tankbag maps are usually the routes for thier "shamrock tours": four loops that all begin/end in the same place. They also do tours of old roads, like US 50, and some international travel, and some bike reviews.

I'd say the biggest weakness is they give a little short-shrift to the attractions along a route. Some people like to stop more frequently than others, but it;s good to know what's worth seeing if you do like to stop.

The mag is a little more expensive than the mainstream monthlies, but it has relatively few ads and is printed on thicker paper meant to be saved for future reference.

If unsure, you can preview an issue at Barnes & Noble or Books-a-Million stores.

Have subscribed since 2004. It is only one of a total of two motorcycle magazines I subscribe too.

I would recommend it to anyone. I'd give two thumbs up!!!!!

It is a beautiful mag and pricey. I don't know if I will renew. My best mag is motorcycle consumer news, have subscribed to that for years.

RoadRunner is a good publication. Even though I think their bike reviews are a bit weak, I really like there tour trip recommendations.

RoadRunner is a good publication. Even though I think their bike reviews are a bit weak, I really like there tour trip recommendations.

I signed up at the Long Beach IMS many years ago....its one of my favorites. I was just reading the current issue before checking the forum...

I like RoadRunner because the articles really bring the rides to life! Maybe it has to do with the excellent pictures used by the magazine. Definitely worth a look.

I like RoadRunner because the articles really bring the rides to life! Maybe it has to do with the excellent pictures used by the magazine. Definitely worth a look.
Also, it's more geared toward the Touring world. I've seen them use some FJR's on the articles. :)

I would recommend it. I met the publisher at the last Long Beach IMS. I asked her what distinguished her magazine from Rider, for example. The biggest distinction is that they have their own writers as opposed to taking contributions. The pictures are higher quality also. They ride the routes during the riding season and then write during the winter.

Sad story about the publisher; she and her husband came over from Austria (I think) and started the magazine. He was killed a few years back in a bike accident (if memory serves me correctly) but she has continued the magazine. I admire her dedication and commitment.

Thanks for the heads up on Road Runner mag.

I haven't subscribed to any in years, but I will give this one a try.

I would recommend it. I met the publisher at the last Long Beach IMS. I asked her what distinguished her magazine from Rider, for example. The biggest distinction is that they have their own writers as opposed to taking contributions. The pictures are higher quality also. They ride the routes during the riding season and then write during the winter.

Sad story about the publisher; she and her husband came over from Austria (I think) and started the magazine. He was killed a few years back in a bike accident (if memory serves me correctly) but she has continued the magazine. I admire her dedication and commitment.
Yes, Christian was killed in a motorcycle accident (I had met him at their booth at the Long Beach IMS way back when, and after talking to him for a bit, it was easy to sign up for a subscription). I really appreciate that Christa was able to keep the magazine going, and expand and improve on it over the years.