Magnetic Oil Plug

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaTom

Reaction score
From what I've read here, the stock engine oil plug is not magnetic (and probably doesn't need to be with a filter in the system). However, I can't imagine it would hurt to have one. They can be instrumental in discovering a wear problem that you might not notice if all contaminants end up in the filter like normal.

So my question is:

What size is the FJR oil plug, and where might I find a magnetic replacement?

Thanks,

Tom

I had the same idea early on in the spring when I got my new '06A. You can get one at/through any Yamaha dealer or perhaps one of the aftermarket parts places on the web.

You could also Call Gary McCoy @ university motors.I don't have his # with me ,but I'm sure that you could find it on this board elsewhere. The neat thing is that the "DRAIN" plug for the

differential is the same. I looked through my old parts #' & I believe that the Yamaha # is

90154-05007 but please check to make sure.I'm glad I did ,from a peace of mind thing.Make sure you order a few crush washers when you order(good for rear end oil changes & engine as

well) Good luck. Sliick2

Thanks, I'll be sure to get a second plug for the rear end and more crush washers. :)
I'm sorry i wasn't real clear-I should have said that I found that the differential drain plug WAS magnetic. I don't think you will

need one for that. Sliick2

Jestal, any experience with focused magnetic flux amplification on oil filtration systems? One would think the industrial diesel boys would be all over this technology in a heartbeat!