Magnum Blasters ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for the Magnum Blasters Part # 3-0115 4 (low) and 30114 3 (hi) If you know were I can get these Horns, I would like to install them on my 08.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, JC Whitney's used to carry them, too.

Personally I'd recommend a Stebel Nautilus air-horn to replace one of your OEM horns, while the other can stay on.

Beaucoup loud!

Stef

I recently added the Wolo BadBoy, (which is the same as the Stebel Nautilus), that I got from my local autoparts store. Way loud indeed.

Did split the compressor and mounted it remotely then added some hose between the compressor and the horns. Kit came with a relay, and was on special for around $35.

I bought the Stebel Nautilus and found it too large to mount just about anywhere without it causing a clearance problem. I see where Wild72 separated the compressor from the plastic dual horns...guess that might work too. Where did you mount the compressor?? I would appreciate any help you might want to offer as far as placement and mounting. I can fabricate just about any kind of mount, but cant figure where this thing should go to be safe and effective if it stays in one piece. Hooking it up to a car battery to test it out made the neighbor run out into the driveway thinking the moving van had arrived..no shit.

Thanks for any input. Not meaning to steal the thread here either...hopefully this might help out WRB08 as well.

After 3 gold wings and their associated (expensive) air horns mounted in various locations, I pulled in next to "the gang" with my MB's on the FJR. Side-by-side tests with various Wing and their air horns had the other riders declaring that the loudness was a tie. The decreased complexity and failure points of the MB make them the winner imo.

I just bought a set of Fiamm Freeway Blasters. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are one in the same as the MB's. Got them here... Freeway Blasters. Fast and friendly service. Had to buy the high and low tone. PM. <>< :D

Where did you mount the compressor?? .
Compressor was mounted on the rear right side of the radiator, using one of the cooling fan mounting bolts. I used about 18" of hose to the horn unit, which I routed to avoid any tight bends. Relay was mounted up beside the rear of the battery. I'll take some pics when I get a chance.

I bought the Stebel Nautilus and found it too large to mount just about anywhere without it causing a clearance problem. I see where Wild72 separated the compressor from the plastic dual horns...guess that might work too. Where did you mount the compressor?? I would appreciate any help you might want to offer as far as placement and mounting. I can fabricate just about any kind of mount, but cant figure where this thing should go to be safe and effective if it stays in one piece. Hooking it up to a car battery to test it out made the neighbor run out into the driveway thinking the moving van had arrived..no shit.Thanks for any input. Not meaning to steal the thread here either...hopefully this might help out WRB08 as well.
I posted links to 2 different Stebel Nautilus horn installs yesterday morning: Clicky

Advance auto parts has the Freeway Blasers. I hear that they are the same thing.
nope. they are not. i originally got those and took them off the bike when i got the magnum blasters (louder). i put the freeway blasters on my truck.
So I'm wondering if the Magnums are larger in size than the Freeway Blasters? Looked it up and the Magnums are suppose to run at 136 db and the Fiamm Freeway Blasters are at 132 db. And I remember somewhere someone took off the case or cover on their horns for better clearance but can't locate the post? And Bounce is right, 4 db per horn is a good difference in loudness, (double)? I think 3db is a double in sound but not decibels. Have to be good in math on this which I'm not.

So just get the two Magnum TM80's low and high tone horns, non-chrome and these two equal 139 db? Is it the two horns together that equate to the 139 db? Thanks, PM. <>< :blink:

I'm looking for the Magnum Blasters Part # 3-0115 4 (low) and 30114 3 (hi) If you know were I can get these Horns, I would like to install them on my 08.
I just did this mod yesterday and used the horns from NAPA. I told the clerk that I wanted folks to think a Buick was behind them. The horns I purchased ARE the replacement horns for a 2005 Buick Century. I did the high and low tone horns. They sound awesome. I followed the directions from this site and everything went well. I used a piece of 5/16 id fuel hose to run my hot wires over the top of the radiator and zip tied the gnd to the outside of it.

Randy

This FJRTech article shows the inner cowling cuts needed for MB install.....
FJRTech: Installing MAGNUM BLASTER electric horns

Once I get the Hayabusa back together, I'm putting the FJR down for some TLC maintenance, and that's when a new Nautilus Air Horn is going in....
Can't wait to see it! It'll give me something to do in January, besides freeze my ass off in the lake breeze.

I just did this mod yesterday and used the horns from NAPA. I told the clerk that I wanted folks to think a Buick was behind them. The horns I purchased ARE the replacement horns for a 2005 Buick Century. I did the high and low tone horns. They sound awesome. I followed the directions from this site and everything went well. I used a piece of 5/16 id fuel hose to run my hot wires over the top of the radiator and zip tied the gnd to the outside of it.

Randy

Can you confirm the Napa model numbers of the high/low horns? The model numbers above are not valid on the Napa site.

I bought the Stebel Nautilus and found it too large to mount just about anywhere without it causing a clearance problem. I see where Wild72 separated the compressor from the plastic dual horns...guess that might work too. Where did you mount the compressor?? I would appreciate any help you might want to offer as far as placement and mounting. I can fabricate just about any kind of mount, but cant figure where this thing should go to be safe and effective if it stays in one piece. Hooking it up to a car battery to test it out made the neighbor run out into the driveway thinking the moving van had arrived..no shit.Thanks for any input. Not meaning to steal the thread here either...hopefully this might help out WRB08 as well.

Lowcountry Joe,
I separated the horn from the compressor and mounted the compressor under the seat on my 2007.

I cut holes in the inside of the fairing beside the radiator and the Stebel went in perfectly.

Slardy

Edited to add avatar

Latest posts