Magnum Blasters ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Stebel Nautilus and found it too large to mount just about anywhere without it causing a clearance problem. I see where Wild72 separated the compressor from the plastic dual horns...guess that might work too. Where did you mount the compressor?? I would appreciate any help you might want to offer as far as placement and mounting. I can fabricate just about any kind of mount, but cant figure where this thing should go to be safe and effective if it stays in one piece. Hooking it up to a car battery to test it out made the neighbor run out into the driveway thinking the moving van had arrived..no shit.Thanks for any input. Not meaning to steal the thread here either...hopefully this might help out WRB08 as well.

Lowcountry Joe,
I separated the horn from the compressor and mounted the compressor under the seat on my 2007.

I cut holes in the inside of the fairing beside the radiator and the Stebel went in perfectly.

Slardy

Edited to add avatar
Slardy,

That sounds really innovative. If i decide to go that route with my Stebel, is there anything I need to know about properly separating the plastic horn part from the metalic compressor body? What size plastic tube did you use to carry the air to the horn piece? Guess you routed it under the side of the gas tank? Thanks, Joe

Joe,

I can not remember anything special about separating the horn from the compressor. The compressor will pull away from the horn section: I can not remember exactly how, but there is a plastic tab that can be screwdrivered to release it. Once you have the compressor separated you can see what you can cut away and what needs to be left.

I used 7/16 OD 5/16 ID tubing that I got at Lowes.

The tubing is routed under the right side of the tank; again, nothing special.

Slardy

Joe,
I can not remember anything special about separating the horn from the compressor. The compressor will pull away from the horn section: I can not remember exactly how, but there is a plastic tab that can be screwdrivered to release it. Once you have the compressor separated you can see what you can cut away and what needs to be left.

I used 7/16 OD 5/16 ID tubing that I got at Lowes.

The tubing is routed under the right side of the tank; again, nothing special.

Slardy

Thanks for the info Slardy

After 3 gold wings and their associated (expensive) air horns mounted in various locations, I pulled in next to "the gang" with my MB's on the FJR. Side-by-side tests with various Wing and their air horns had the other riders declaring that the loudness was a tie. The decreased complexity and failure points of the MB make them the winner imo.
I have a Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn on my CBR1100XX and Fiamm Freeway Blaster Horns on the FJR. I would agree that the loudness is a virtual tie but the pitch of the Stebel almost causes pain and seems to get more attention from motorists.

Latest posts