Magnum Blasters

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're talking about the TM80--I'm a bit doubtful. They don't even claim the decibel rating on the site. I've seen claims of 129 to 139 decibels. I seem to see less of the "Magnum Blasters" sold these days, but do seem a similarly wrapped package called the "freeway blaster". Not sure if they are exactly the same and repackaged or tuned down a little.

I think here might be a better source for comparison.

Or FIAMM's FIAMM's Catalog of Horns and look for #72102 and #72112. They call them 130 decibels.

BTW, this is a part discussion. Moving thread to it's new home....

I just ordered a pair hi/lo of these. Are they the Magnum Blasters or a knock off. Anyone else have these.I got them here.......

https://hornsplusauto.com/
They are the right horns if you get them in black. Stebel doesn't seem to be importing them through Carrand any more and the various auto supply shops mentioned in the FJRTech articles don't list them.

If you get them in chrome they are the gay-assed ones.

I went round with the guy on that website about what I was getting from him. They are the right horns. MAN ARE THEY LOUD!

I just ordered a pair hi/lo of these. Are they the Magnum Blasters or a knock off. Anyone else have these.I got them here.......

https://hornsplusauto.com/
That is correct. You got the real deal....just in chrome, that's all.

Scuff 'em up with a Scotchbrite pad and paint 'em flat black.

They sound the same no matter what color they are.

I have one of each of these horns. The Nautilus claims 139dbs. All I can say is that it is very loud. The chrome is plastic and would be easy to paint after some light sanding. The nautilus requires you to add wiring to work, It has a short delay when using the horn because it is an air horn. It draws more power that a normal horn circuit so they include a 12v direct current path that you plug the stoch horn wires into.

The TM80 is not as loud but much louder that the stoch horn. It is a direct replacement for a stock horn.

All of the Magnum Blasters ordered from HornPlus are the 138db Stebel Horns from Italy. They come in chrome or black. Let me know if you have any more questions.....Todd

While doing some research, I came across this post on an RV forum describing the Nautilus horns:

I got around to installing the Stebel Nautilus air horns last night. At first honk, my kids (10 & 14) ran outside and proclaimed "Dad! Those are GAY!". I couldn't agree more. They're loud, but they sound like a sissy fight over a loudspeaker. They squeel like a sober kid at the neverland ranch.
I guess I'll have to pick up a real set of air-horns which have a bit deeper tone to them, and get rid of these girly ones...
Not very flattering. So for those of you who have them, what do they sound like?

They squeel like a sober kid at the neverland ranch.
Makes me happy I have the original Magnum Blasters. I scared the crap out of a friend walking across the parking lot and he said later, "I thought I was about to be run over by a rusted out 1973 Buick Station Wagon."

.....that's the effect I'm looking for. Other cagers in Hondas imagining me as 3 tons of thick body metal that they need to swerve away from immediately. By the time they realize I'm a 600 pound motorcycle I will be out of harms way. Hopefully, the confused look on their face is a turd that snuck out.

.....that's the effect I'm looking for.  Other cagers in Hondas imagining me as 3 tons of thick body metal that they need to swerve away from immediately. 
I just want to get their attention. Eve is the communications officer ( :****: )