Magnum Blasters

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The horns are made in Italy, I believe. I don't know about Oz but here in the USA they can be ordered directly from the importer:

https://hornsplusauto.com/

Make sure you order a Hi tone horn and a Low tone horn, try to get them in black, and be sure to ask for the mounting brackets. FJRandy over on the EZ Board site, and maybe here, makes and sells a "plug and play" wiring harness with the needed relay. Check out the Part and Accessories forum there.

At WarchildXX's recommendation, I purchase the MB's at Schucks Auto supply just a few months ago. $13.99 each (+ wiring + relay + fuse + time of course) But they sho' do 'nuff work. I've only had to use them once, but when I did, that pickup immediately headed right back for the shoulder instead of continuing to pull out in front of me. Much better than the stock horns. I was riding down the highway in the lane next to my wife, who was in her Honda Accord, and I tried to get her attention by using the stock horns, and guess what her reaction was. . .no reaction at all. :huh: She couldn't hear them over the highway noise, and at 23 y/o, she still has good hearing.

I purchased some from "horns plus" and got some funky chrome horns. I bought the same horns a Kragen but were black. I put the chrome ones back in the pack and returned them to Kragens.

Yup...thats what I did :p

At WarchildXX's recommendation, I purchase the MB's at Schucks Auto supply just a few months ago.  $13.99 each (+ wiring + relay + fuse + time of course)  But they sho' do 'nuff work.  I've only had  to use them once, but when I did, that pickup immediately headed right back for the shoulder instead of continuing to pull out in front of me.  Much better than the stock horns.  I was riding down the highway in the lane next to my wife, who was in her Honda Accord, and I tried to get her attention by using the stock horns, and guess what her reaction was. . .no reaction at all.  :huh:   She couldn't hear them over the highway noise, and at 23 y/o, she still has good hearing.
Too bad you didn't buy my horn harness. Woulda made the install simple. ;)

Randy

Bought MB at local auto store in Tucson--Autozone I believe. Removed left side fairing for some dremel work. Needed to reinsert fairing a # of times to see if trimming was complete.

Used FJRandy's wiring harness. Install was a snap. ((Had fellow Yamaha 1992TDM owner-- versed in electronics-- install MB on that machine before I sold it to a friend. Took him 4 hours to do the complete install.)) With Randy's wiring harness took less than 2 hours for a novice, including the horn/fairing work.

I was all ready to go for the Horns Plus option but I found a company over here (in OZ) that had them. So for all you other Aussies who want some go to Auto One in WA (Carrington branch) and they will be able to help with no worries. Thanks for everyone's input much appreciated.

Just to review, the real-deal Magnums are Stebel model "TM80 Magnum" (black or chrome). Some folks got them at national auto parts stores, although I found only Fiamms in Denver area. Got my Magnums from hornsplusauto.com. I never would have done it except for FJRandy's great harness.

Here are the aftermarket horns (non-air) you see in retail stores:

Stebel TM80 Magnum - 139 db at 4" / 115 dB at 2 meters.

Stebel TM80 - 136 db at 4" / 112 dB at 2 meters.

Stebel Nautilus - 139 db at 4" / 115 dB at 2 meters (compact air horns).

Fiamm AM80 - 112 dB, probably 2 meters.

Fiamm AM100 - 114 dB, probably 2 meters.

Last edited:
Bought MB at local auto store in Tucson--Autozone I believe.  Removed left side fairing for some dremel work. Needed to reinsert fairing a # of times to see if trimming was complete.
Used FJRandy's wiring harness.  Install was a snap.  ((Had fellow Yamaha  1992TDM owner-- versed in electronics-- install MB on that machine before I sold it to a friend.  Took him 4 hours to do the complete install.))  With Randy's wiring harness took less than 2 hours for a novice, including the horn/fairing work.
epoche,

I've got a '92 TDM 850 too! That's the next thing going on it. I think I'll use the Stebel compact airhorn setup on it instead. I'm dying to see how loud that one is.

Yeah people, this harness makes all us "dummies" look smart, doesn't it? B)

That's why I made it in the first place. I knew it would be idiot proof.

Randy

FJRandy,

re Yamaha TDM 850. On a Wild West Wildflower ride with Fasttours.com this past spring:

https://homepage.mac.com/shafferron/index/PhotoAlbum46.html

I got my second ride on a Feeger while I was waiting for mine. Doug rode my TDM canyon racing with Scooter on his FJR from Amado to Arivaca. (haven't asked Doug, nor Greg, since then, whether the TDM kept pace with the FJR). Remounted my then TDM and made the return run on the Arivaca road. Noticed how easy the TDM flicks back and forth on the curvey road.

Am sorry to have part with the TDM, but 2 bikes wasn't in the scheme of things. I'll get a ride on my "old" TDM next week, howeve,r as I spend the night in Yakama Wa, when the TDM now lives with a good friend of 25 years.

Greg said in route from Green Valley to Yakama the speedo needle broke off. Shop in Yakama said he could remove the unit and glue another (it") back on??

Ron

epoche..

too many scammers lurking websites for me to post ALL my info in the open.

Anyone interested in a horn harness please email me.

m-o-t-o-l-i-g-h-t @msn.com (remove the dashes of course)

The TDM is now my nephew's, but he never rides it. I gladly offer to take it out now and then when I can peel myself off the FJR. ;)

Randy

FJRandy,
re Yamaha TDM 850. On a Wild West Wildflower ride with Fasttours.com this past spring:

https://homepage.mac.com/shafferron/index/PhotoAlbum46.html

I got my second ride on a Feeger while I was waiting for mine. Doug rode my TDM canyon racing with Scooter on his FJR from Amado to Arivaca. (haven't asked Doug, nor Greg, since then, whether the TDM kept pace with the FJR). Remounted my then TDM and made the return run on the Arivaca road. Noticed how easy the TDM flicks back and forth on the curvey road.

Am sorry to have part with the TDM, but 2 bikes wasn't in the scheme of things. I'll get a ride on my "old" TDM next week, howeve,r as I spend the night in Yakama Wa, when the TDM now lives with a good friend of 25 years.

Greg said in route from Green Valley to Yakama the speedo needle broke off. Shop in Yakama said he could remove the unit and glue another (it") back on??

Ron
Just looked at the TDM pics. Where was the centerstand purchased? Any idea? I'd love to have that.

FJRandy,

The center stand was made in Germany. My buddy has all the paper work in Yakima WA. e-mail him at [email protected]. I'll be at his place next Tuesday. if he does not respond I'll get you the US supplier and send you info from there.

Ron

We stock these and the Nautilus Compact. They're both on our web site. www.amcmotorcycles.com VERY LOUD!

As mentioned in my intro, where clubs link to our site, we offer 10% discount on all club member purchases. All that's necessary is to mention the club membership in the comments box at checkout.

Oh great! I get to the bottom of this page, and find a new vendor! Ugghhh.....

I just ordered them from the hornsplus link.

I've had the Magnum Blasters on my FJR for about 2 years now, and wanted to add them to my newly-acquired VTR 1000 project bike. I had tried all the old sources, like Parts America, AutoZone, O'Reilly's, etc. Seems all the wells had dried up. I just want to say THANKS to all you guys who have kept current on where to get these things.

This forum ROCKS because you guys keep it current