Make 'im ride Bitch?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I make the travel weary new owner suffer just that little bit more?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No (rise above it for once Joe)

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
You sold fjr? :eek:
Yessir

I didn't want to "out" the new owner, but he 1.Saw the bike on CycleTrader and called me 2.Owns a Tag-Along Tank 3.Will probably be riding my bike in next year's Iron Butt Rally

None of the true LD riders are going to consider me in their league. But, I gotta tell you I feel like I'm part of it when my tanks and now my bike are hangin' in there with them!

I think it will serve him well. Too bad I didn't appreciate the '06 until she was gone.

On another note. I wish I could write. As the replies to this thread started adding up, I felt like I was the only one who got the joke. It really is gift when people can use text to convey humor, sarcasm, wit... whatever. It's obviously on the list of gifts which I do not posses. Time after time, I think I am so damn funny and time after time...

The ride home on the "New" FJR was great. The bike felt good, nice and quick and nimble feeling since it didn't have all the LD crap bolted on to it yet. Also, it was the first time in 2 years I have ridden a motorcycle that didn't have a car tire on the back. I think I am going to stick to cycle tires from now on. I am not commuting the 160 miles to work every day like I used to, so I am not going through tires as fast, and the FJR feels more responsive and just more fun with the cycle tire on the back.

I have spent about 12-15 hours between yesterday and today putting some of my things on the bike, doing some regular maintenance work, and going over the bike. Everything looks good and seems to be working well with the exception of the heated grips. (They were fine when Joe sold me the bike, but I might have screwed them up).

I am busting my ass to get the bike ready for the MN1K rally this coming weekend, at and while the bike will not be where I want it be, it will be fine for the rally.

Thanks again Joe, glad we were able to work out deal that worked for both of us.