Mapping help, Streets and trips to GPS?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slapnpop

Rest in Peace our Forum Founder
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I don't own, and haven't used any GPS devices. I'm familiar with coordinates, but past that I'm clueless.

I've got all the maps for EOM as streets and trips files, but would like to offer something a little more "standard" or "universal" for GPS users.

Could anyone suggest the best way to go about this? What should I end up with the most GPS users will be able to use? Should I just add a coordinate column to the map webpages?

Let me start off by saying I don't own, and haven't used any GPS devices. I'm familiar with coordinates, but past that I'm clueless.
I've got all the maps for EOM as streets and trips files, but would like to offer something a little more "standard" or "universal" for GPS users.

Could anyone suggest the best way to go about this? What should I end up with the most GPS users will be able to use? Should I just add a coordinate column to the map webpages?
I have a program that will convert the Streets and Trips files to Mapsource (Garmin) and some other formats. If you would like me to do that, email me the Streets and Trips file and have the users tell me what formats they would like and I'll email you the converted files back.

I have a program that will convert the Streets and Trips files to Mapsource (Garmin) and some other formats. If you would like me to do that, email me the Streets and Trips file and have the users tell me what formats they would like and I'll email you the converted files back.
Mind me asking what that program might be? I'd love to be able to use Streets and Trips instead of City Nav. to build my routes for the GPS. Are you able to download usable routes including voice prompts to your 2730? Thanks Jeff!

slapnpop,

Let someone convert it to a GPS format(Bike Effects has steped up to do that, or I can do it) then post it here. That file can be converted to anything right here,

convert GPS files here

go to "convert a file" and that take you to another page where many formats can be converted, also about half way down the page is a link to "GPS Babel" that will convert even more file formats.

Hope that helps.

Rick

I have streets and trips and I also have a GPS from Garmin.

I like S&T for being able to see more. If possible how about a jpeg format of the routes as well. Nothing like a printed one.

Mind me asking what that program might be? I'd love to be able to use Streets and Trips instead of City Nav. to build my routes for the GPS. Are you able to download usable routes including voice prompts to your 2730? Thanks Jeff!
It is called GPS Utility. It is Freeware, but I have the registerd version because it handles more than 10 waypoints per route.

It is available here.

Sadly, M$ continues to ignore requests from it's customers to include uploading feature in their software. 3rd party utilities exist to address the weakness, but the missing functionality cripples an otherwise nice product.

It is called GPS Utility. It is Freeware, but I have the registerd version because it handles more than 10 waypoints per route.

It is available here.
Thanks Jeff! I'll give it a look.

I wish I could, I would!

i am going to be using an i finder from Lawrance, just having the area on a card.

No turn by turn but it can see the route, more like an electric map!

Might upgrade later this year to a auto type gps. :)