marker lights on 05 model

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brider

Reaction score
I've got a burnt out fairing marker light on my new to me 05 model. PO told me I have to pretty much disassemble the fairing to change these out. Is this true or is there a work around of some sort? I could not find anything in the FAQ. Thanks for any help in advance.

No workaround that I know of but it's pretty easy to pop those puppies off after you have done it a few times. A 10 minute job at most perhaps.

Wait a minute... I just did this a few months ago and did not take any colored plastic off. IIRC just take off the inner black panel held on by phillips headed screws and maybe a plastic rivet. I believe you can reach around after thats off.

Wait a minute... I just did this a few months ago and did not take any colored plastic off. IIRC just take off the inner black panel held on by phillips headed screws and maybe a plastic rivet. I believe you can reach around after thats off.
I concur. One can remove just the black inner plastic. IIRC it's two or three Philips screws and one or two speed nuts. It's then a bit of a contortion to get the light bulb holder twisted the 1/4 turn to remove it, but far easier than removing the cowling.