Matte helmet questions/opinion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a Shoei Quest matte black 3 yrs ago...still looks like new...Turtle wax Ice synthetic polish is da shizzle-gets rid of any scuffs. for visibility I stuck on a band of white Scotch reflective checkered flag decals..
Hey lnewlf: Can you post up a pic of the actual bottle of TW Ice you use? I got another recommendation for that from another thread, but on the TW website, someone was howling that the formula had changed from a clear liquid to a creamy one that left a bunch of residue.

Thanks for all the posts!
to dumb to do pics...TW ice is clear like water...put it on wet, let dry buff...

Checked on the shelf yesterday. Unless there's a different version of TW Ice, this was creamy, like every other liquid wax I've ever had/seen. This said wax on the bottle, not "polish," but that was the only TW liquid product on the shelf. That's what the reviewer was beefing about on the TW website, and why I asked for the pic.

Checked on the shelf yesterday. Unless there's a different version of TW Ice, this was creamy...and why I asked for the pic.

81Zt8OdcW%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks. That was what I looked for. This stuff was in a box with a foam applicator. The bottle was opaque. I'll check at a parts shop this AM.

Went to O'Reilly's. No gots. Checked the Turtle Wax website-discontinued. May be out there on the shelf somewhere, but not as an ongoing product.

Buy all the bottles you can and start selling them on the black market!!! Pay for a new 15 with the cash!!! That is my new plan!!