Maybe the FJR ain't God's gift to motorcycles after all

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:angry2: :clapping: :assassin:

i gotta agree with kmkirlin,

this bike is amazing and after many, many moons in the saddle and the different bikes that I have ridden, this is the best of the best for the money. I recommend that those of you who "wouldn't be happy if they were hung with a new rope" just keep on bitchin' and moaning until it is out of your system... Personally if I was that unhappy with something I would sell the bitch and get me a real motorcycle, like a HD. (tongue firmly implanted in cheek!)

For those of you who are so pissed off at the buzz, the kickstand, the throttle and the whistle, why don't cha call someone who actually gives a rip?

Happy trails and ride safe my fjr buds!!!

Cie 'la vie as they say!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I am ecstatic that I have this blue beauty in my garage and between my legs, she is awesome!!!! :D :D :D

Jeez Louise, look at where this went in just one day! If only we could get this reaction to some of the world's ills, like HIV in Africa, starvation in Bengladesh, yellowfever and typhus in SE Asia, all those FJR owners with those slow silver models... :p

Maybe people are not bitching, maybe you mistake their tone for bitching. Or maybe you aren't able to see it as a step to figuring out a fix or farkle that will make things better for them and maybe others will like it too. I mean, where would the US be if that handful of Bostonians hadn't bitched about the tea tax?

As you said above mamayama is listening. Take a look at what complaining got this 06 owner!
daws12.jpg

Yes, but he was complaining that he couldn't get the A model in that slow unattractive silver that the AE comes in. :D So he deserved what he got.

I was on Ezboard thingy sometime ago and I leave for a year and finally find you guys here - only to still be complaining about the same old things. Nice to know all is well! :D

PS: Anyone want to buy a nice Corbin seat with black piping for an 03-05? I thinkin about buying an RCP.

- Marshall | 2004 FJR1300/ABS

I was on Ezboard thingy sometime ago and I leave for a year and finally find you guys here - only to still be complaining about the same old things. Nice to know all is well! :D
PS: Anyone want to buy a nice Corbin seat with black piping for an 03-05? I thinkin about buying an RCP.

- Marshall | 2004 FJR1300/ABS
Welcome!

You going to WFO? :D

I see the same thing on every forum I am on. "Whining" is just the nature of forums. The people who frequent these forums are the serious enthusiasts, and they are typically very picky. I see nothing wrong with that at all. The truth is that the FJR is not perfect. The problems that are being whined about are real. Is there something wrong with trying to come up with fixes for them? Is there something wrong with trying to send a message to Yamaha that we would like them fixed?

If someone tells me that I"m not allowed to voice my opinion about the things that I don't like, then I guess we don't really live in the land of the free, and we don't really have freedom of speach.

Oh, one more thing. I really hate it when people whine and complain that too many people whine and complain. :rolleyes:

Ya'll do know Howie "don't give a Shit" right. The posting has been slow of late so he found a topic to bring the board back to life :eek:

Seems to me like there are more folks bitchin about folks bitchin, than there are actual folks bitchin.
Now THAT'S funny, comin' from Mister "I'll fix my $15,000 motorcycle" with a 5¢ piece of wire.

:****: :) :****:

hypocrisy.jpg

Geez...where have I been?

Are the '06's out already? :huh:
Good question, tramp. All I have to say is that my pussy hurts reading this thread. :huh:
Then I guess you must hurt ALL OVER, huh?

:angry2: :clapping: :assassin: i gotta agree with kmkirlin,

this bike is amazing and after many, many moons in the saddle and the different bikes that I have ridden, this is the best of the best for the money. I recommend that those of you who "wouldn't be happy if they were hung with a new rope" just keep on bitchin' and moaning until it is out of your system... Personally if I was that unhappy with something I would sell the bitch and get me a real motorcycle, like a HD. (tongue firmly implanted in cheek!)

For those of you who are so pissed off at the buzz, the kickstand, the throttle and the whistle, why don't cha call someone who actually gives a rip?

Happy trails and ride safe my fjr buds!!!

Cie 'la vie as they say!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I am ecstatic that I have this blue beauty in my garage and between my legs, she is awesome!!!! :D :D :D
You have a blue dick to go with your FJR? That's really cool!
dance-funny.gif
:clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Right you are Bounce. But it's just human nature. Meet peoples expectations and what do you get? Higher expectations, that's what.
Yup.

I like my '06 a lot... it's very good at what it does well. But it's hard to wash. :lol:

Ironic, isn't it... a thread to complain about complaining. I hereby call for a thread to complain about threads about complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this will offer some balance to the few complaints.

I have a 2003 Kawasaki ZZR1200 with 23K miles on it. I purchased the extended warranty when I started reading about the camshafts developing pitting. Sure enough, at my 23K mile valve adjustment (oh yea, did I mention you have to inspect your valves every 7,500 miles?) I discovered some pitting on the #2 intake lobe and scarring on the rest of the lobes with significant scarring on the #4 exhaust lobe. I had 2 dealerships and the Kawasaki Consumer hotline tell me it was purly COSMETIC and to not worry about it. :dribble:

I finally found a dealership 60 miles away that was willing to at least look at the cams before making a decision. I dropped off the bike June 21st. After a week of sitting there, they forwarded the digital photos I sent them to their regional service manager (didn't touch the bike). After another week they got approval to repair/replace as necessary so they took it apart to find out how much damage needed to be replaced. Then they ordered the cams. After another week the cams came in but now they are "backed up" and hope to get to it by the end of this week. Tomorrow makes 4 weeks the bike has been in for this repair.

Kawasaki has had ongoing issues with pitted camshafts in their Concourse and most of their sportbike line. By now, they should have done something about it but they continue to deny the extent of the problem and make customers really fight for their rights. When they do get around to taking care of their problem, they take their sweet-assed time about it.

I have a spreadsheet I started with pitted camshaft problems on the ZZR I was going to use with my attorney to force the issue if it became necessary. They have been replacing the camshafts under warranty and a few without the warranty but it's like pulling teeth to get them to acknowledge the problem.

No motorcycle is perfect, but at least some companies are better than others at admitting their mistakes and standing behind their product. The fit and finish on the FJR is far superior to anything Kawasaki has ever made and this bike is way smoother than anything I've ever ridden.

Here's the "Cosmetic" pitting:

DSC00395.jpg

Holy crap, In10city.

So, you'd say the FJR is smoother running than the ZZR1200? I have another bike that is a V-twin. It vibes, too... but differently than the FJR. Both my bikes are sport-tourers, one more sport, one more tour.

Love my '06. I have a leadership role in a pretty conservative company in Ohio. Yesterday I rode it 320 miles in 93 degrees @ 60% humidity in full gear just to attend a Sales Meeting with 30 folks from my organization. I would have NEVER done that on my past bikes. I'm sure a good number thought I was insane, as it's been so stinking hot in Ohio the last two days.

Like many on this board, I just look for any excuse to work on my FJR or otherwise talk about it. Very often people want to modify & improve what they're passionate about. The original poster views that as bitching. I view it as striving for perfection. If a bike were ever truly perfect, folks would still try to improve it.

Don

I hate this damn bike. I have 7500 miles on it since I bought it in late April. 5200 mile just touring. Since I am gone more my kids get in more trouble, most likely scared for life. My wife has only gone on one long trip (had to have the trunk) so she is pissed that I am gone. Maybe thinking of divorce. That would really cost. Speaking of cost, the hotel rooms and meals on the road are quite expensive when you add them up. Even Super8 costs $55/night. The only positive thing I will say is that it was 105 degrees here yesterday and the heat is slowing me down. There are no cooling grips or cooling seats thank God. I would have to drive 2 days just to get out of this heat, unless I headed for the mountains. Mountains hmmm? Sorry guys but I gotta go check mapquest, talk to ya later.

I've got a gripe. I miss my bike. Oh yeah, I miss my wife too.

I've got an '04, and it may be a ticker, but I can't hear it at elevated speed, my tires wear much too quickly, and gas costs too much. And farkles should be free.

This is the best bike I've ever owned, it's invisible to LEOs, and a sleeper to the unsuspecting(cue in Vincent Price laughter). Nothing is perfect, but this thing is a riot!

I'll be back to mount 'er in October! :rolleyes:

I forgot to put the kickstand down -- I think they should have put a flashing light on the dash to warn you that the kick stand is not down.

IAGeezer:

I've got a gripe. I miss my bike. Oh yeah, I miss my wife too.

I'll be back to mount 'er in October!

Not sure how to take the last line IAGeezer. Are you on duty overseas? Hope you make it home healthy and happy. I would be happy to go for a ride with you when you get back. I bought my bike at Ia City Motorsports.