MC Covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of the two would you prefer?

• Nelson Rigg UV 2000 Half Cover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dowco Guardian Traveler Cover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SPORT

Reaction score
Nelson Rigg UV-2000

Dowco Guardian Traveler

Several of us are planning our Nova Scotia Trip this July and I'm in the market for a cover.

My preference is the half cover for ease of use and storage. The purpose is primarily for the Out of Site, Out of mind idea. that is, if you don't see a tank bag, GPS, two way radio, and the like, then you'll probably not take it. It is also meant to keep the seat and control areas clear of overnight rain/snow and daytime sun. I would also like the flexability to use the half cover with and without the Givi 46 top box; thus looking at the extra large. I'm unwilling to pay more than say, $50 for a cover, so my choices are limited...I know, I'm a cheap bastard.

What do you use?

What size cover are you using?

How has it worked?

Would you try something different?

Thanks for the input.

I've done both the Dowco and Nelson Rigg half covers. The Dowco couldn't take the sun and shredded in short order. I still have the Nelson Rigg and after a year of constant use it's holding up fine. I think I have size XL.

Haven't tried the Nelson Rigg, but my Dowco Guardian Traveller has seen a few months of daily use in all weathers, and so far is holding up just fine.

Size XL works with sidebags, Givi V46 and V-Stream windshield.

I have the UV-2000 XL and it is great. :yahoo:

Fits with a tail bag on the rear rack. so I think it will fit with the Givi.

I also have a Cal-Sci XL shield

Works great and fits perfect I wouldn't use any other

I have had a Nelson Rig Cover for my V Max. Used it for 5 years and it's still in great shape. But I prefer a full cover. Check out this link at Dennis Kirk. Nelson-Rigg Deluxe All-Season Cover $44.99+ shipping. It's the one I am looking at getting for my Feej.

After seeing how Roadrunner's UV2000 worked last year at EOM, I sprung for 2 of them for this summer's riding adventures (an XL for the Feejer, and an L for the Viffer).

Yep, that right Art. I'm retiring the John Deere cover. :p

I use the cover primarily to hide the electronics from unwanted attention. I never tried the Dowco, but I saw a couple of pictures of FJRs with the Nelson Rigg on them and I liked it. I've been using mine for a year and so far it has worked well.

I have had a Nelson Rig Cover for my V Max. Used it for 5 years and it's still in great shape. But I prefer a full cover. Check out this link at Dennis Kirk. Nelson-Rigg Deluxe All-Season Cover $44.99+ shipping. It's the one I am looking at getting for my Feej.
I like this one, It's similar to my el cheapo, from Pep boys....

I have a Dowco , that's eerily similar to that Nelson Rigg.

It's over 7 years old now and came with my Zx11 when I bought it. It's seen plenty of rain, and sun. It travels OK in a compression pack, probably better than my Geza that I bought used, which doesn't do as well in the rain. It covers fine but you can't just shake the water off of it and pack it.

My next travel cover will be one of those half covers I suspect.

I've bought full covers (XL for the feej) from wallyworld, just looked it up and now they have half covers...

Pretty good quality too.

0072311174031_500X500.jpg