MC locks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, what's keeping your machine safe and secure? I realize nothing is bullet proof, but mainly to discourage all but the most persistant.

I was looking at and am very interested in https://www.roadlok.com, but I don't see the FJR listed.

I really dislike the disk locks... I've forgotten about it a couple times... ugh. You get the picture! - Al
This topic got me thinking <_<

I don't recall any posts since I've joined this site regarding any FJR thefts :unsure:

Perhaps a blessing that we own a fabulous machine that doesn't attract alot of attention. I view other sites from time to time and almost everyday there is a post "Stolen Bike". Usually a flashy model owned by someone living and storing the bike outside there apartment or in the driveway "Not that there's anything wrong with that" ;)

Don't wash your bike.

Ever.

I mean - c'mon, man! Who'd wanna steal a dirty bike, right??

Oh - and up-to-date insurance, just in case some miscreant comes along.

Let's not forget, on an AE you don't need a lock. Except at home in my locked garage, I always park in gear. ALWAYS. As far as I know there is no practical way to defeat this? When traveling overnight, I try to park right next to my room, carry a lightweight cover to throw over the bike which has gromets on the bottom to run a cheap lock thru to keep from blowing or being easily taken off. Keeps the bike dry and clean and keeps wandering eyes away. Out of sight, out of mind.

When I had my Intruder I didn't have a key for the handlebar lock so I relied on a Kryptonite disc lock. I still have it but I've only used it once on the FJR.