MCCruise Surging...anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DagoFeejer

Reaction score
Have an MCCruise unit installed and it works well. I've noticed that, before and after the PCIII install, the unit will surge quite a bit, especially when going downhill and resuming its setting. Anyone else experiencing this, or do I possibly have a faulty unit? Any advice/replies are greatly appreciated. Ride safe.

Dago

Don't know anything specific about the McCruise, but sounds like a throttle cable adjustment (too tight or too much slack) or lack of a vacuum reservoir (engine picks up vacuum going downhill, or a small leak). If there is a sensitivity adjustment, you could play with that too.

No surging with my MC Cruise. That doesn't help you much I know, just saying the surging does not seem normal based on my experience.

+1 on the cable adjustment. Also check inside the CIU box to make sure it's not sticking.

If none of these suggestions work, call MCCruise, they are a really helpful and knowledgeable bunch and will work with you to help resolve the problem.

Solved. A good Ausie called today and walked me through the diagnostic steps and found that I had some cable adjustments to be made. Highly recommend MCC based on the customer service I received today. Thanks for the replies y'all.

Dago

Latest posts