McKenzie Highway east to Sisters, Oregon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Sisters on the Brother's Run 2024.jpg

Harper's 3400-mile routing put us eastbound on Day 5 away from the cool morning Pacific shorelines, through Eugene, up to the Dee Wright Observatory late afternoon, and trying to make Redmond before sidewalks are rolled up.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Vo9MeRfaXupyuXWy6

From McKenzie Bridge through Proxy Fall, rising 3500 feet elevation to McKensie Pass and the Observatory is my recommendation. Road conditions were favorable with light traffic. Which is good because many of the 40+ tight turns offered lines of sight cluttered with trees growing on the shoulders. We crested the Pass and bisected the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail in the early twilight with bats the only animals noticed in these uplifted fields of lava-rocks scattered between mountain peaks.
Observatory.jpg

Our route continued up to Montana with Harper getting full praise for navigating 6 of us. No performance tickets, either! We rode with Harley friends of Harper.
Thanks for looking. 🏍️

View attachment 8006

Harper's 3400-mile routing put us eastbound on Day 5 away from the cool morning Pacific shorelines, through Eugene, up to the Dee Wright Observatory late afternoon, and trying to make Redmond before sidewalks are rolled up.

From McKenzie Bridge through Proxy Fall, rising 3500 feet elevation to McKensie Pass and the Observatory is my recommendation. Road conditions were favorable with light traffic. Which is good because many of the 40+ tight turns offered lines of sight cluttered with trees growing on the shoulders. We crested the Pass and bisected the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail in the early twilight with bats the only animals noticed in these uplifted fields of lava-rocks scattered between mountain peaks.
View attachment 8007

Our route continued up to Montana with Harper getting full praise for navigating 6 of us. No performance tickets, either! We rode with Harley friends of Harper.
Thanks for looking. 🏍️

View attachment 8006

View attachment 8007

Thanks for looking. 🏍️
Very cool picture of the observatory tower. I have a planned trip riding to Oregon from Arizona at the end of this month. We are using butler maps to plan where we go. Any cool sites like this I would appreciate it.