mcl lowering brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
Got some second hand with no instructions. Does the shorter bracket go to the brake side? How much adjustment in the brake and shifter lever did you have to make?

Got some second hand with no instructions. Does the shorter bracket go to the brake side? How much adjustment in the brake and shifter lever did you have to make?
Actually the longer one goes on the brake side; it kinda wraps 'round over the brake pedal. (Thought they could only go one way?) I don't recall how much adjusting I did? Because of ground clearance issues (Even w/ a Wilbers, and raising links.) I took 'em off and put 'em on my FZ6. See'in it had less leg room, and more ground clearance than the FJR.

I took mine off, they drug way to easy. Just start taking things apart and you will figure it out. Not much to screw up.

It was simple. 10 min install with adjusting the brake and gear shift lever. The leg room is a big improvement but we will see about the twisties because im heading to the mountains in an hour.....if I dont get washed away by the rain.

I like mine for comfort, but then again my riding isn't as aggressive as some others might be.

As you noticed it's really not that difficult or time consuming to install them.

You can use the lowering pegs for longer rides and then remove them for hitting the twisty stuff. Replacing the cotter pins with hair-clips (or whatever they're called) would make it even easier.

I scrubbed them turning into the gas station. I forgot to take the feelers off
Get some short bolts from the hardware store. Short enough that only the bolt heads stick out to use as footpege feelers. Mine's been like that for the last 2 years,

Have your toes on the pegs in sharp turns and you'll be fine.

My lowering brackets have made the difference between riding and not. Bad knees have plagued me. I do have to remember not to leave my toes hanging out in the turns though. If I forget, I get that sphincter tightening reminder when my boots drag. Hate when that happens.

as for the knees, the surgeon starts replacing them this week.

Good luck with your surgery. I never had knee problems from the stock pegs, it just felt like I had been kneeling or sitting on my heels the whole time when I got off the bike. Nothing but gravy now.

Yeah good luck with the surgery. My dad has to have one shortly and the doc said recovery was kind of long. I had knee pain on my previous fjr when riding all day but no pain at all with the ext. It made all the difference.