MD-20-20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great report Renegade, and TOO FUNNY about the locked gate.

GOTCHA!

I'm never that mean in my rallys, but Rick is a sneaky SOB through and through.

Sorry I missed this, my bike is still torn to shit.

Glad you had a good time,

GZ

I would venture to guess if you all would have pissed on Witte`s tires, Rick would have given you extra points >BSEG<

I would venture to guess if you all would have pissed on Witte`s tires, Rick would have given you extra points >BSEG<
Now he tells me! I thought about doing that on my way out of York on Monday.

I should have known that something was amiss when I saw Todd pointing and laughing.

May his neighborhood be littered with a hundred pounds of styrofoam popcorn.

Ed, sorry I didn't get to say hi. We have met though at the Maryland Welcome center in 04. You took a polaroid of me and a buddy. I think you were on your way back from Key West.

Anyone going to be at the MM1K?

Yo Matt,

Finally read the write-up. That's excellent!

And, yeah, I got nailed by that same private drive. When I got to that gate, I thought, WTF?!? I ended up backtracking to town, then asked one of the locals for directions. I lost time there, but not nearly as much as you guys did.

That was an excellent rookie ride. You and Kyle should be feeling pretty good about how you did.

Chris -- I'm sorry we didn't get to chat either. I was beat and headed back to the room after dinner instead of the bar, so I missed talking with most folks. Sure, go ahead and call me a weiner.

I won't make the Minuteman, but I'll be close. I'll be at a conference in Bristol, RI that weekend. Hoping to take the bike, but it goes in the shop Friday and I have to leave Tuesday, so we'll see if the problem gets sorted out in time (bike drops to idle at random moments -- pretty sure it's a loose wire somewhere but I can't find it -- it kicked in on the Capital Beltway in the final stages of the MD 20-20, bummer). I'm going to try to make the MM1K next year.

I think that decked out FJR you saw was Alex Schmidt's, who finished somewhere in the top 10, which is awesome.
I think the 06 FJRA was mine. I am from NY. I did notice an 06 pull up to the Christmas Light Patrol bonus as I was leaving. Not sure how many 06's were there. Alex rides a black ST 1100.

No beemers, been there done that.

I didn't get a chance to hang out afterwards either as I had to work the next day :) That is often the best part of a rally.

Mike Evans

Saratoga Springs, NY