MD/DC/DE/PA Power Commander Tunning Center

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikk

Reaction score
Hi All,

I walked down the Power Commander "authorized" tuning center list and called each of the shops with the "tuning link software".

It seems like all of those shops work 90% on big twins, aka Harleys.

I would much rather have someone with a sport-tour or sport-bike experience tune my bike.

That said, I'm looking for recommendations in my area please.

Hi All,
I walked down the Power Commander "authorized" tuning center list and called each of the shops with the "tuning link software".

It seems like all of those shops work 90% on big twins, aka Harleys.

I would much rather have someone with a sport-tour or sport-bike experience tune my bike.

That said, I'm looking for recommendations in my area please.
may want to talk to Dave at redline in yorktown va.

How about fast by ferracci? They do twins, but it ain't HD. ;)
Thanks for the tip, they are only a couple hour ride away. I'll give them a ring.

Ferracci was actually a Yamaha dealer in the recent past, just for a couple years. They may have some idea how to tune those 4-cyl MV Augustas. My experience with Ferracci was really slow service.

Karns looks good too, and they are out near Harrisburg. I hated making the drive to Willow Grove to go to Ferracci.

Call Cycle Connection @301-253-8881

CJ Brown is a Top Notch Technician and so is the Owner of the place.

They are located at the intersection of RT650 and RT108 close to Laytonsville and Damascus.

Should be able to hook you up good.

QUOTE (Big-B @ Jul 22 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about fast by ferracci? They do twins, but it ain't HD. ;)
Thanks for the tip, they are only a couple hour ride away. I'll give them a ring.

Ferracci was actually a Yamaha dealer in the recent past, just for a couple years. They may have some idea how to tune those 4-cyl MV Augustas. My experience with Ferracci was really slow service.

Karns looks good too, and they are out near Harrisburg. I hated making the drive to Willow Grove to go to Ferracci.

Ferracci suck. I wouldnt spend a dime in their shop. Their service is slow and their sales staff does nothing but sit around swilling coffee and eating donuts.

Ferracci suck. I wouldnt spend a dime in their shop. Their service is slow and their sales staff does nothing but sit around swilling coffee and eating donuts.

Have to agree. I took my Ducati to Koups over in Harrisburg for service after a couple tries with Ferracci. Actually thought I had better work done along with better service. More concern about the whole bike as opposed to just the task at hand over at Ferracci, much faster turnaround. Ferracci wanted to hold onto the bike for 2-3 weeks no matter the service was.

I called Ferracci, but was unimpressed.

I called Karns Performance, and was blown away! Jason really seems to know his stuff. They have even worked on another FJR! He encouraged me to participate in the process, I didn't ask. Told me that a planned ride-in would be no problem.

I didn't see "Cycle Connection" on Power Commander's Tuning Center list. That might be because they look like a TFI shop, but I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Currently, Karns is in the top running. Anyone have comments on Karns Performance, Camp Hill, PA?

I called Ferracci, but was unimpressed.
I called Karns Performance, and was blown away! Jason really seems to know his stuff. They have even worked on another FJR! He encouraged me to participate in the process, I didn't ask. Told me that a planned ride-in would be no problem.

I didn't see "Cycle Connection" on Power Commander's Tuning Center list. That might be because they look like a TFI shop, but I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Currently, Karns is in the top running. Anyone have comments on Karns Performance, Camp Hill, PA?
I've known Jason for many years. He worked at the local shops and then went out on his own. Started in the garage next to his house. Build a great reputation and got so busy that he had to expand and go big.

He's got quite a bit of experience building custom maps and has built some monsters. I don't have a PC on my bike, but, he did some tuning on one of the race bikes I worked on and he pulled good HP out of it.

If/when you decide to see him, lemme know and I'll meet you there.